Closing: December 18th 2023
Posted on November 16, 2023
Senior Assistant Editor
The Quarry is looking for a Senior Assistant Editor to join our London studio.
We promote close collaboration between our editors and assistants and provide ample opportunities to work on high profile editing projects with the best in the business.
You should be creative as well as technical, keen to further hone your skills and want to become an editor in the future.
To apply you will need to possess the following:
- A minimum of 2 year’s experience as an Assistant Editor in commercials.
- In depth knowledge of Avid Media Composer and Premiere.
- A comprehensive understanding of digital camera formats, frame rates, codecs, compression techniques and file based workflows.
- A good working knowledge of After Effects and Photoshop.
- Experience in communicating with DIT’s to confirm file delivery requirements and an understanding of how these effect post production workflows.
- Experience of loading, syncing rushes and preparing media with the ability to customise this to the project’s needs and the editing styles of individual Editors.
- Experience in sourcing library footage, sound effects and music tracks.
- Experience in creating EDL’s, OMF’s, AAF’s and QT’s and liaising with post houses, and good working knowledge of conforming and online requirements.
- A willingness to teach and mentor juniors.
- Possess great communication skills and a genuine love for the craft of editing.
To apply please email your CV and a covering letter explaining why you are the right person for the role to [email protected] by noon on Mon 18th Dec.