Production Assistant – Content Production Team
Reports into: Line Manager (Head of Content Production)
A LITTLE ABOUT AMPLIFY
We’re a global creative agency, specialising in experience and culture, with offices in London, Paris, Sydney and LA, and have plans for further global expansion. We create campaigns and experiences that can be amplified across every touchpoint, reimagining how we engage, immerse and entertain audiences. We strive to build worlds that place narrative design and storytelling at the heart of everything we create, captivating our audience with stories that are designed to be shared.
We have a dream list of clients and have delivered, and are delivering, some of the most innovative and inspiring campaigns in our category. Our ambition is to help our clients to contribute to the culturally rich world that surrounds us in a meaningful way with the work that we create.
It’s an exciting time for the agency and our incredibly talented team who call us home. We were named ‘Brand Experience Agency of the Decade’ by Campaign Magazine in 2019 and have been named both The Drum’s Brand Experience Agency of the Year and Team of the Year.
WHAT WE BELIEVE IN
We’re passionate about our work and believe that great ideas are derived from the ambition to succeed, the willingness to tread where others might not and the determination to face up to and change the status quo. We influence our clients, creative partners and each other through the power of our voice and clarity of thought. We harness the power of the collective through collaboration and, as one of the team at Amplify, you will contribute to the success of the agency.
We are an independent agency that believes being financially well run is as important as the great work we deliver so commerciality and creativity sit side by side. We believe in growth through hard work, commitment and the ability to rise to the challenge; quite simply when you work at Amplify you’re driven to want to make things happen. We are focused on delivering great concepts through the delivery of first class project and production management, so rock solid foundations and processes underpin everything we do as an agency. We do all of this whilst retaining a thirst for knowledge, a desire to continually improve and evolve as well as being a nice bunch of people.
We celebrate different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds. As an equal opportunities employer we believe in the power of a diverse and inclusive team. We welcome applications regardless of race, religion or belief, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, political affiliation, family or parental status. We are committed to building a stronger diverse and inclusive creative work environment.
Over the last two years, content has become an integral part of Amplify’s DNA, and is a core specialism, sitting at the heart of our creative output.
We have built a team of producers, editors, creators and makers, who bring ideas to life on the screen and in the room. We work closely with all other parts of the business to make shoots, projects and campaigns a reality. We believe in entertainment trumping messaging, and we look to inform, engage and entertain in all our work, no matter the channel or client. From Dr Martens, to Pinterest, Netflix, adidas, Sony and everything in between, we deliver work through the lens of culture to audiences that want it most.
The Production Assistant leads smaller edits or versions and assists Producers across various Productions.
When leading a project, they are responsible for day-to-day management of the process and workflow.
As Production Assistant you will help deliver against Amplify’s creative and commercial ambition on both in-house and 3rd party productions. You will deliver highly creative film, radio, branded entertainment, editorial and commercial content at the best possible quality, on time and within budget.
- Ensure that projects are delivered to the highest quality, on time and in budget.
- Have the ability to recognise and nurture good creativity.
- Follow and protect the production process.
- Carry out everything you do with great attention to detail.
- Always be organised.
- Develop an excellent production knowledge, building strong working relationships internally as well as externally with production partners and client.
- Maintain strong local and international production connections, continually developing your knowledge of new talent in the industry.
- Keep informed of industry shifts and technical developments.
- Specific Responsibilities (Under the guidance of your producer):
- Assist Content Producers and editors on all areas of project administration from pre-production, shoot and final delivery.
- Develop a technical understanding of how the Edit team operates alongside a general overview of their role and responsibilities.
- Support Producers on the feasibility and best production approach on new creative concepts.
- Be responsible for the scoping, negotiation and preparation of small production budgets, managing all aspects of your production and project timelines.
- Constantly source, seek, promote and nurture new director, production and post-production talent within the industry.
- Cultivate strong working relationships with creatives, designers, project management, account teams and clients across Amplify.
- Ensure quality control; inform best practice and industry standards across all productions and adhere to all company policies and legal & insurance requirements.
- Help to enhance Amplify’s production knowledge by curating drop-in sessions with production partners.
- Maintain and build upon Amplify’s LBB, including independent director’s, DOP’s, editors, crew etc.
- Maintain and update status documents, project plans, finance and resource trackers.
- Liaise with senior producers to find the best production solution to deliver projects to the highest quality, on time and within budget.
- Timely and accurate cost reconciliations across your projects.
- Develop good knowledge of APA and IPA regulations and best practice.
- Familiarity with Procim is an advantage but not essential.
- Always ask questions!
Who we are looking for:
- Creatively driven; passionate about making the best work.
- Highly responsible, organised and positive.
- Outstanding manner and interpersonal skills.
- Diplomatic, collaborative and able to read a room.
- The ability to prioritise, manage expectations and drive process.
- Excellent networking, communication, negotiation and social skills.
- Ready and able to use initiative, originate action and take responsibility for the decisions made.
- Able to identify risk and mitigate against it whilst remaining solutions focussed.
- Clear written and verbal communication skills.
HOW WE WILL SUPPORT YOU
We know Amplify is only ever as good as the talented people that choose to call it ‘home’. We are committed to providing the support needed for people to do their best work and have fun doing it.
These are some of the things we have in place for our employees:
- 24 days paid holiday plus after two years you’ll get an additional day for each year you’ve worked here plus we operate a day for a day lieu should you be asked to work weekends and / or bank holidays.
- No one should have to work on their birthday, so you get that off too and if work permits, we also allow the week off between Christmas and New Year.
- Regular team and agency socials, and legendary annual summer and Christmas parties.
Everybody at Amplify embodies the same set of values and it is our internal culture and shared ethos that inspires the work we do for our clients.
We are fuelled by curiosity.
We always want to learn more, to know more – about our brands, people and the cultural and social context that we all exist in. We want everyone to share their own lived experiences and perspectives to help inform our point of view. Whether we’re commissioning our own research into youth audiences with Young Blood or exploring the latest developments in sustainable production, we seek out and share what’s happening now and what’s coming next.
We are passionate about culture.
Whether it’s film, fashion or football doesn’t matter – what we love at Amplify is passion.
Passion for something more than just the work – because the things we care about outside the office, inspire and improve the work we do inside it. We’ve got e-sports fanatics, artists, devotees to musicals and more DJs than is practical for any agency party, but most of all we’ve got a team of people who genuinely care about culture in all its amazing forms.
We are executionally excellent.
As an agency we put a lot of heart into everything we do. Whether that’s coming up with amazing ideas, building an experience, managing a broadcast, directing a film, crafting a deck or driving profit on a job – we want to deliver work that hits the mark for both our clients and ourselves. Attention to detail, rigour, problem solving and a collaborative spirit are the qualities that ensure while we can’t deliver perfection every time, we can make sure we aim for it.
We are Amplify
And we are always a work in progress…
We know we can always improve, both in the work we deliver and the culture we foster. So we embrace the new ideas, ways of doing things and challenges to our status quo that every Amplify person, new or old, can bring. Whether it’s striving to be a representative and diverse place to work, ensuring the policies we have in place are supportive and equitable or creating the forums for every employee to have a voice and feel valued, we never want to rest on our laurels but continually push ourselves to do – and be – better.
Please send all applications to apply: [email protected]