Closing: April 5th 2019
Posted on March 8, 2019
Head of Production
Spindle, a multi-award winning, creative studio and production company based in the UK, is seeking a special entrepreneurial talent for a newly created Head of Production role.
Based between London and our studio in Norwich, you will oversee all productions and the overall management of studio staff and operations.
Working closely with the Spindle team, as the perfect candidate you will have considerable production company experience, bringing with you solid, established relationships with agencies and a strong international production network.
Roles and Responsibilities
- To oversee all productions, ensuring that all Spindle produced projects deliver maximum value on screen, whilst staying on budget.
- To maximise profitability and efficiency across all areas of the business.
- To manage the company’s operations, especially relating to the planning, budgeting, scheduling and setting up new projects
- To work side by side with our insurance partners, legal advisors and FD on all contractual negotiations and ensuring the company and its productions are legally compliant.
- Negotiating license fees, usage rights, talent deals and contracts
- To manage all Spindle in-house productions, including freelance production staff and post workflows
- To play a key role reporting production and operational status to the company’s senior management team.
- To support producers in a client facing role
- To be an ambassador for Spindle helping to attract on screen and off screen talent.
- Authorising production invoices weekly
- Supplying progress reports to finance department and communicating with FD to ensure cash flow is managed appropriately
- Allocate internal staff production resources
- Taking overall responsibility for health & safety, insurance and legal compliance.
- Working closely with the FD and Production Accountants to ensure efficient and prompt cost reporting on productions, including project wraps
- Line Manager to in-house production team
- Carrying out formal and informal staff appraisals
Skills and Experience
- Proven track record of leading a team to grow and improve the production arm of a business
- A minimum of 2 years experience working in a similar role, or senior producer/PM role managing an internal team
- Enthusiasm and organisation.
- Hands-on production experience in commercials, documentaries, international productions and working both with agencies and direct to brand/media companies.
- Must come with an existing pool of suitable production contacts
- Possess strong attention to detail
- Problem analysis and decision making skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Be a team player
- Be able to motivate others
- Possess a strong commitment to the job
- Ability to build and maintain relationships
- Ability to interact at all levels
- Ability to budget accurately and maintain control of budgets
Basic salary and commission structure dependent on experience.
Please email cover letter and CV to [email protected] with subject: “HOP”