Closing: July 7th 2021
Posted on June 10, 2021
You will join a growing Production department, supporting the Finance function across Commercials, Stills, Film & TV. You will be the conduit between Production & Finance and will assist the Production department with all their finance needs. This includes, but is not limited to, invoicing, expenses, job reconciliation, creation of digital wraps when needed, PO’s and accounts workflow.
- Part or fully qualified accountant (ACA/CIMA/ACCA or equivalent would be desirable but not essential.)
- Raising of balance, shoot and wrap invoices.
- Ensuring invoices are raised in accordance with the service agreement.
- Liaising with Head of Production on any payments and contract queries.
- Review spends on an ongoing basis and allocation of job coding.
- Produce reports and analysis of actual spend vs budget.
- Sign off job invoices and reconciliation of all budgets from Commercials, Stills, Film & TV.
- Request invoices from crew & suppliers post shoot.
- Production insurance reconciliation.
- Creation and maintenance of department finances including Credit Card return, expenses and any float returns internal and external to the company.
- Support on consolidating Production budgets.
- Support Finance team in department audits.
- Preparation of any ad hoc reports or analysis required.
- Liaise with finance team within Accounts Payable & Receivables.
- Attend to any queries and payment disputes.
- Ideally part or fully qualified accountant (ACA/CIMA/ACCA or equivalent).
- Experience of working closely with producers, production managers and the exec team within a very fast paced environment.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to build great working relationships with the Finance and Production team, as well as the Exec team.
- Experience of working with Xero is essential.
- Understanding and knowledge of the BECTU & APA guidelines would be advantageous but not essential.
- Expert working knowledge of Excel.
- Experience of maintaining and controlling Production budgets.
- Ability to work under pressure and remain calm in the face of changing circumstances.
- High attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
- Ability to prioritise work effectively and meet deadlines.
- Innovation for improving existing processes and applications.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Entertainment industry experience focusing on Production accounting or Production finance is desirable.
- A commitment to embrace and advocate for inclusion is essential.
- You will report to Head of Production, and in her absence, Gail Skinner, Finance Director.
You will work remotely initially with a view to working both remotely and from the LS office in either Edinburgh or Manchester.
Applications should be sent by email to [email protected] by Wednesday 7th July 2021. Applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
The application must contain:
- Cover Letter
- Salary expectations
- Where you heard about LS Productions.
- In the subject line:
LS Productions | Production Accountant | Your Name
- LS Productions is committed to encouraging equality and diversity among their workforce and the crew they engage. It is within their best interest to promote diversity and eliminate discrimination in the workplace. LS’ aim is to ensure that all employees and job applicants are given equal opportunity and that the Company is representative of all sections of society. Each employee will be respected and valued and able to give their best as a result.
- Applications will be shortlisted and only candidates who appear to be suitable will be called for interview.
TERMS & CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Starting date: ASAP.
- Contract Duration: Part-time or full-time.
- Remuneration: Negotiable based on experience.
- Location: Edinburgh or Manchester.
** Deadline Wednesday 7th July 2021 **