Closing: June 21st 2021
Posted on June 2, 2021
Avenues is an East London editing studio working across commercial, fashion, music, documentary and drama. We work with some of the largest global brands, numerous advertising agencies, production companies and post houses across the globe. We are a fast-moving team juggling multiple projects at a time. We’re looking for a keen post producer to come and be an integral part of our team.
ABOUT THE ROLE
This is a great opportunity for someone who is passionate about good creative content, is very well organised and likes taking initiative as you will be working on a number of projects at one time.
You will plan, manage, organise and support colleagues to deliver high quality videos to meet client briefs. You’ll be working alongside the Managing Director as well as inhouse and outsourced creative talent. Your duties will include forecasting, management, control of budgets and reporting. You will communicate daily with both clients and our team to ensure projects run smoothly and efficiently. You will swiftly resolve any challenges or issues and make sure all deadlines and expectations are firmly and consistently met.
As part of a small team, you will need to be comfortable stepping outside of your comfort zone and be unafraid to support your team in going the extra mile. We need a producer with tireless attention to detail and a commitment to maintaining high standards – enthusiastic, considerate, resourceful and resilient at all times.
To succeed in this role you will be level-headed, hard-working, creatively driven and unflappable under challenging timeframes and budgets. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who wants to have a big influence on an ambitious company. The ideal candidate will have broad experience within the industry, a solid set of personal industry contacts and will nurture and build that network with Avenues to attract creative and business opportunities as we continue to grow.
Please know that Avenues is an equal opportunities employer. Applicants will not be excluded on the grounds of sex, gender reassignment, pregnancy, maternity, race, marital status, disability, age, religion, belief or sexual orientation. Therefore we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply for this position.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- have a minimum of 5 years professional producing experience (relevant PM experience will be considered) within an edit house, post production facility or creative agency.
- are excited about producing a variety of content.
- are a natural project leader with excellent problem solving abilities.
- are able to remain calm and confident even under pressure.
- are enthusiastic, eager to develop and not afraid to get your hands dirty.
- are a trustworthy, confident individual with a positive attitude and professional maturity.
- have great attention to detail.
- like working in a fast-paced, adaptable environment.
- don’t mind being challenged by your team and clients.
- have great budgeting and scheduling skills.
- have a good understanding of managing clients.
- are an excellent communicator with confidence to negotiate with clients and suppliers, and develop and maintain strong relationships with them.
- have proven experience in dealing with high volume and quick turnaround projects.
- are extremely well organised, capable of running multiple projects simultaneously.
- have proven ability to prioritize conflicting tasks.
- have thorough knowledge of production and post production workflow.
- have a good understanding of video production technical needs – sound recording and editing, colour grading, general multimedia knowledge like resolutions, file formats and codecs.
- are confident using Mac hardware and software.
- are confident using productivity software.
- have a good knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite, especially Premiere Pro.
- have a thorough understanding of the advertising industry.
- have experience in music sourcing and licensing music from labels/publishers.
- are a keen follower of industry trends and upcoming talent.
- have a good list of industry contacts.
- have exemplary written and spoken English
- Managing projects, overseeing scheduling, and budgeting.
- Providing ongoing line management during projects – coordinating daily workflow of editors and all other staff involved in a project.
- Managing and tracking cost efficiency of individual projects. Being responsible for final cost reconciliations, working with accounts to promptly invoice jobs.
- Managing the welfare of both clients and our team.
- Assisting clients with all management of technical queries and deadlines.
- Organising assets to and from the office.
- Choosing, negotiating and securing appropriate resources for your projects.
- Managing client expectations.
- Organising and leading client review calls.
- Advising at client meetings and directing creatives on the requirements of each project.
- Communicating clearly the status of projects to the team and clients.
- Receiving, managing and briefing feedback including checking prior to sending on.
- Ensuring jobs are completed on time, and being responsible for copy checking, delivery against brief and overall quality control to meet company standards.
- Meeting postings and deadlines.
- Establishing, building and maintaining client relationships.
- Nurturing and developing talent both within our in-house team and across our roster of editors, as well as helping us find new talent.
- Actively seeking to increase the services offered and generating new business leads.
- Helping establish relationships with production companies, agencies and post houses.
- Keeping abreast of new techniques and equipment available on-site.
- Forward-planning to minimise issues and risks on each project.
- Developing solutions and ways forward to autonomously resolve issues and challenges.
- Assisting in the company’s day to day operations as required.
If you like our work, think you can make it even better, are certain that you fit the criteria above and want to become a Post Producer with Avenues, please apply by sending:
– 1 page Cover Letter (including salary expectations)
Please send both files in PDF to [email protected] and use the subject line ‘Producer Application – June 2021’. If you have a website you want to share, please include it in your email.
Applications will not be considered unless these stipulations are adhered to.