We’re Gorilla Gorilla! An independent film and animation studio that tells powerful stories of change. We’re on the hunt for an Office Manager to join our growing team.
Office / homeworking
The role will be based in our office in Angel where we typically have 2 to 12 people onsite each day. This is a permanent role with the hours being 09.00 – 17.00.
The Office Manager will provide general administration support which will assist the company with its day-to-day operational needs. They will report to our Exec Producer, Angie Orlin, but on a daily basis work closely with the whole team as well as freelancers.
In particular, the role will require someone to:
• Ensure the smooth day-to-day running of the office and over time help to establish, maintain, and improve office procedures.
• Be the first point of contact for everyone entering / calling the building, from staff, visitors, to clients and contractors.
• Deal with company correspondence including emails, phone calls, letters and parcels and assist colleagues with arranging deliveries and courier services.
• Assist the senior management team with ad hoc duties e.g travel itineraries, diary management, presentations, research etc.
• Assist the production team with ad hoc duties e.g. booking freelancers, raising purchase orders, making travel arrangements, sourcing materials, reconciling expenses and credit cards, petty cash etc.
• Create and operate within an approved budget with regards to ordering office supplies (stationery, furniture, sundries etc).
• Manage Health and Safety within the office and make sure policies are up to date – including fire regulations within the building and first aid / fire marshal training, PAT testing.
• Help organise internal and external company events including the Christmas party, birthdays, team outings, leaving drinks and client events.
• Assist the company’s HR function – organising job adverts, sorting CVs, arranging interviews, managing starter and leaver arrangements including contracts, references and inductions / exit interviews and coordinating DSE workstation assessments.
• Be the main point of contact for facilities and building management.
• Conduct research and compile data upon request.
• Co-ordinate our annual business insurance renewals and ongoing insurance requests e.g. for ad hoc global travel.
• Manage holiday and sick leave booking / tracking for the whole team.
• Manage the company wellbeing budget (a personal allowance for all employees to spend on personal health / wellbeing activities).
• Be the main point of contact for IT problems / organising equipment for office / home set up as well as any ongoing software renewals / subscriptions as required.
Manage building security access card renewals for employees and freelancers (Seaton system).
• Manage and co-ordinate internal GG diversity and inclusion events / education.
• Post updates from time to time on our company social channels.
• Take ownership of personal development within the role and identify personal training needs.
• To undertake any other duties, as needed, from time to time.
Why it’s important to us
Helping to ensure the smooth running of our busy office is crucial to our future success.
How you’ll make us feel
● You’ve brought energy and enthusiasm.
● You’re in it for the long haul.
● Lively and engaging with a responsible and positive outlook.
● Obsessively organized and methodical.
● Well-presented, business-like, open, friendly and sociable.
● The intellect and desire to learn.
● A team player.
● Adept in use of Word, Excel and Outlook.
● The ability to undertake research online.
● Must be able to communicate effectively via email.
● Excellent telephone / personal manner.
● Detail-orientated and meticulous.
● Excellent time management skills.
● Ability to multitask and prioritise workload.
● Positive attitude, reliable and dependable.
● Ability to responsibly handle confidential information.
● Use of initiative and comfortable working under your own direction.
● Has ideally worked in the role of Office Manager, Office Admin Assistant or similar within the creative sector.
● May have an Office Manager or Office Admin Assistant background in another sector.
● Someone who can commit to the role and the development of the company at an exciting time for the business.
● Someone who is keen to grow and develop their skills with us.
And finally, what can Gorilla Gorilla! offer you?
● The opportunity to join a growing creative business at an exciting time that offers the chance to learn and grow as part of a supportive, friendly team who love what they do. We also offer a range of additional benefits including regular paid-for team lunches and nights out (we love to eat and are a bit obsessive about food!), a personal wellbeing and training allowance, a profit share scheme, mobile phone, company pension, and employee share scheme
Please send applications to: [email protected]