We are looking for an Office Coordinator to join us at Somesuch.
This an exciting opportunity for someone looking to break into the industry and will give you an opportunity to be at the very heart of our team.
We are looking for someone organised and proactive and someone who loves film, advertising, music, fashion, art, and photography. This role would be ideally suited to someone who is considering a production-focused role in the future.
As Office Coordinator at Somesuch, you will work closely with our Managing Director, Executive Producers and General Manager as well as our Director’s Assistants, our in-house and freelance production teams and our roster of directors.
The day-to-day responsibilities of this role will include:
General office and production support
- Greeting guests, clients, directors etc. who telephone or visit the Somesuch office, ensuring anyone coming into the office feels welcomed and any enquiries are passed straight on to the relevant person;
- Helping to keep the office space tidy and organised throughout the day;
- Opening and locking up the office – (this responsibility will always be shared with other members of staff);
- Managing meeting room bookings and helping to prepare the rooms for meetings if needed;
- Booking couriers and cars, and
- Assisting our production teams with research, shoot prep, pre-production documents, occasional research that may be needed – film/casting/location research etc, and other ad hoc tasks as needed.
Support for our MD & Executive Producers
- Researching, pencilling and confirming bookings of treatment teams and director’s assistants. This will include proactively scheduling appropriate freelance people including writers, visual researchers and layout designers for pitches and productions, ensuring the appropriate people are booked to work alongside our Exec. Producers and the director on each treatment;
- Helping to schedule initial treatment calls with agencies/directors as needed;
- Support with awards and festival entries;
- Assisting our Exec Producers with travel arrangements – flights, hotel and car bookings, and
- Putting together reels of work on Wiredrive as needed for our Exec Producers.
This role is London and office-based.
Salary: £26-29k per year (dependent on previous experience).
To apply please send a cover letter telling us about yourself and your CV to [email protected], with ‘Office Coordinator’ as the subject.
Somesuch is one of the leading production companies in the world, delivering progressive, award-winning commercials, music videos, branded content and films globally.
Established in 2010 by co-founders Sally Campbell, Tim Nash and Nick Gordon, Somesuch rapidly rose to international recognition, building a reputation for producing award-winning work for high-profile clients including Facebook, Libresse, Apple and Nike.
Somesuch consistently triumphs in the world’s leading awards and festivals including The Academy Awards, Cannes, D&AD, The British Arrows, Ciclope, AICP, MTV, UKMVAs, and BAFTA. The company has won ‘Production Company of the Year’ numerous times, and recently, ‘Production Company of the Decade’ as voted by UK’s Campaign Magazine.
Most recently, the company won the Oscar for ‘Best Live Action Short’ at the 2022 Academy Awards. Somesuch is proud to produce groundbreaking short films, documentaries and narrative-led cinema, with recent premieres at Tribeca, Raindance, BIFA, Palm Springs and Clermont-Ferrand.
As a company, Somesuch has a long-term commitment to sustainable production models and improving diversity, equity and inclusion within the industry. Somesuch has a global network with offices in London and LA and represents Serial Pictures in the UK.