Closing: April 1st 2019
Posted on March 4, 2019
Head of Production
We are looking for a Head of Production to join our rapidly evolving film studio, someone who is looking to take charge of a talented and ambitious production team and execute real change, helping to shape and grow both the company and its production processes in a constantly shifting film and commercial landscape.
In this role, you’ll be an integral part of the company leadership team, helping to position Progress at the forefront of the film and advertising industries.
You will lead the company’s ever-expanding production department, implementing, overseeing and constantly improving budgetry and production reponses to all jobs, having an up-to-date, intrinsic knowledge of all Progress projects at all times. You will oversee work from brief to delivery, being a voice of authority in the production process and ensuring Progress’ creative vision is delivered to budget and brief, exceeding client expectations. You’ll be a natural and inspirational leader who thrives when developing an ambitious, growing department, ensuring the company’s production team have an inspirational figure to look up to.
You will be integral in building and maintaining strong, meaningful and trusting relationships with agencies, brands and organisations who respond positively to our unique company ethos, forging new business opportunities for our rostered directors and the talented, full-time creative teams being developed within the Progress infrastructure, contributing to the company’s ambitious creative and financial goals.
- Overseeing budgeting and production on all Progress jobs – big or small – from initial brief through to completion, from commercial projects via agencies to direct-to-client work, constantly evolving the company’s production costs, rate cards and legal contracts
- Creating justifiable production solutions to any given project, adapting the company’s response to the job and communicating this to the client while constantly striving to improve both the production values and financial benefits of the work simultaneously
- Building and establishing effective systems that develop and improve our production processes in a constantly shifting landscape, upholding said processes with both in-house and freelance teams
- Having the knowledge and ability to provide regular updates on any given job at any given time, providing analytical debriefs on all projects that will improve our processes moving forward
- Overseeing all production and filmmaker scheduling, leading an efficient, cost-effective studio to deliver work on time and on budget and to the exceptional standards we have established with our clients over the last 9 years
- Leading by example, mentoring and continuing to grow the company’s in-house production department, overseeing recruitment strategy and interview processes to build a winning team
- Meeting and managing a diverse roster of freelance directors, filmmakers and production staff that can be called upon for commercial and studio projects
- Building and nurturing positive relationships with new and existing clients, working with the leadership team on business development and strategy, creating budgets and overseeing creative responses at the bidding stage to deliver winning pitches.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE
- Bigger picture thinking and the desire to execute real and tangible change in a company environment
Proven experience of varying levels of production, from large-scale commercial projects to smaller-scale corporate work
- An equal love for both numbers and processes, with the ability to deliver solution-led budgets that creatively and financially satisfy both the company and the client
- A proven track record of developing successful agency and client relationships
- A desire to be a key player and authoritative voice in a successful company structure, providing strategic vision and contributing to the company’s growth and creative and financial goals
- Strong leadership, communication and multi-tasking skills, with a knack for constructive feedback
- An ambition to build a constantly evolving production department and mentor and nurture the careers of production staff of varying experience
- An understanding of current trends in the commercial and advertising industries, with a keen eye for detail and quality – and inherent good taste
- A discerning eye and gut instinct for game-changing opportunities and proactively jumping on them as they arise, with the ability to communicate this decision making to the wider team
- A personable, affable nature with a lack of ego – we create work together, the Progress way.
The Progress Film Company is an award-winning, contemporary film studio based in Brighton, UK. Progress make commercials, digital content, branded entertainment, animation and feature-length cinema under one roof, serving both agencies and clients directly worldwide.
For more information about the way we work, visit our website, progressfilm.co.uk, and our social channels @progressfilmco
Please e-mail [email protected] for a full application pack and salary details.