Closing: October 29th 2021
Posted on October 11, 2021
Head of Production (Maternity Cover)
Pretzel Films is an award-winning independent creative agency and production company, looking for the perfect candidate for a 9-12 month Head of Production maternity cover position (with possibility of part-time).
The role will be a mixture of working from home and office-based at our Bermondsey Street office. You will be responsible for overseeing the production department and have oversight of all projects, will be able to problem solve and support the in-house team.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Liaising with existing, new and potential clients – agency & direct – responding to project briefs and maintaining client relationships
- Kicking off pitches and new projects with the internal team, responding to client queries and ensuring treatments are delivered on time and creatives are possible within budget
- Pulling together budgets & schedules for new projects, managing existing budgets and keeping on top of overall budget trackers. This will include working with the finance manager on project spends and monitoring working budgets for all projects
- Securing PO’s, raising new jobs and invoicing with client, monitoring/chasing client invoices
- Managing resource for all in-house and external teams, working with producers, editors and the creative team to ensure work is spread evenly and pulling in external resource when needed
- Supporting and managing the production team, keeping oversight of all projects from a top-level, having regular catch-ups with in house producers and freelancers
- Managing jobs schedule and running weekly production meetings
- Good working knowledge of the entire production process and APA guidelines and experience working with a range of budgets from £1000 – £1,000,000
- Regular check-ins with Creative Director Jamie to discuss team and project progress
- Using project management tool and ensuring everything is kept tidy and up to date
- Producing jobs where required (live action, motion graphics animation, stills) or overseeing in an EP capacity
- Excellent network of producers and crew
Holiday days will also be provided on a pro-rata basis, based on 21 days p/a plus two weeks at Christmas when the office is closed.
Dates – This will ideally commence from W/C 15th Nov to allow a couple of days of handover.
Please contact [email protected] for more information.