Announcing the IPA’s Artist’s Casting Brief Template
Posted in News, tagged with Diversity & Inclusion, on May 17, 2023
We’ve worked with the IPA (Institute of Practitioners in Advertising) to develop their new Casting Brief Template alongside Equity UK and ISBA (Incorporated Society of British Advertisers). This Casting Brief Template will also be featured as part of the upcoming APA 2023 D&I Action Plan.
The new template will encourage:
- A pause for thought at the moment of transition from the creative development and treatment phases, where agencies might want to reflect with directors and clients about whether unnecessarily specific pre-conceptions about the characters have arisen.
- Creatives not being faced with a ‘blank page’ when asked to draft a casting brief under time pressure.
- Greater diversity, equity and inclusion in the hiring aspect of the casting process.
- Authentically diverse and inclusive on-screen portrayals, properly integrated with the aims of the agency, production company, brand and campaign.
- Thorough best-practice in communicating the requirements of the role and specifics of fees and usage by attaching those in detail to the casting brief from the outset.
Click the link below for more information & to download the template.