Registration open for APA x Creative Mentor Network
Posted in News, tagged with Diversity & Inclusion, Good Karma, on January 27, 2022
The Creative Mentor Network was set up to support creative young people from low socio-economic backgrounds looking to break into the creative industries. As a mentor, you will receive training in coaching and leadership to improve the professional development of your mentee.
In November 2021 we saw 29 APA members successfully complete our second partnership with Creative Mentor Network, as part of our seven point action plan and ongoing initiative to improve equity, diversity and inclusion in the industry.
29 more graduates are now taking their next steps in their creative careers, supported by some of APA membership’s most talented and forward-looking producers, creatives and MD’s.
After the success of the previous groups, we’re excited to launch the registration for our 2022 group!
The cost to take part in the programme is £730.36 per place.
The programme runs for 16 weeks, with participants asked for just 13 hours of their time for over this period.
The programme which is specifically designed for our membership – asks individuals to take part in:
Mentor Development Training:
A course of training over 2 x 2 hour sessions which includes but is not limited to looking at:
- Causes of underrepresentation in the creative industries
- Structural barriers in place meaning young people from lower socio-economic settings struggle to compete
- Concepts of social and cultural capital and their relationship to social justice
- Unconscious bias exercises
- Coaching strategies that use open questions to set meaningful goals with mentees
- Unpacking the telling, mentoring and coaching continuum
- Looking at your own spheres of influence and where you can use your position to make an impact
- Inclusive leadership coaching and how to advocate for inclusion beyond mentoring
Pairing With A Mentee
CMN pre-screen and interview every young person for a place on their programme, and curate pairings so that mentors are partnered with a young person who can really learn from them.
Each mentor is assigned a dedicated Programme Manager from CMN who will provide regular check-ins and on hand support where needed.
There is a showcase at the end of the programme where young people present on their experience of the mentoring journey and what they’ve learnt from being partnered with you.
Deadline for applications is Monday 31st January.