Posted on February 19, 2019
Originally born out of Google in 2008, Across the Pond is a global creative company helping clients to grow, disrupt and change behaviour through the creation of ‘work that works’. Whether it’s big brand ideas, campaign strategies, short documentaries, social videos or B2B case studies – the approach is always the same: we firmly believe that creative work is only effective if it’s based on genuine insights about the audience and the role the brand plays in their lives.
At Across the Pond, we love making impactful stuff and we’re generally obsessed with filmmaking. We’re a friendly bunch who are serious about what we do, but don’t take ourselves too seriously. We have offices in three territories, we’re growing all the time. When it comes to new hires, we think that ‘finding the right cultural fit’ is more than words. Having a happy team is core to our ethos.
We are looking for a top-class creative storytelling editor, an exceptionally organised and motivated individual who is an ambitious whizz at cutting on Premiere Pro and proficient in After Effects. This individual will be the main edit lead for our London Office.
As a creative Editor for our London office, you will be responsible for consistently delivering films of exceptional quality. We cater to local audiences around the world and you will be versatile enough to take local sensibilities into account.
You will have impeccable attention to detail, and the ability to consistently communicate and build compelling narratives. You will be technically self sufficient, with a confident understanding of post workflows, from project inception to delivery.
You will be a keen advocate of post processes and workflow, comfortable within a fast-paced environment and working on multiple projects simultaneously.
Ideally you will also be a creative polymath. We are excited to hear about your passion and talent for filming, photography, design, music etc.
Key responsibilities and requirements
- You are truly passionate about the craft of editing and you are excited about creating impactful storytelling.
- You have the ambition to lead the post team in our London office and be the guardian of the quality of each and every video that we produce.
- You are a creative problem solver with a proactive, ‘can do’ attitude.
- You are open to taking direction from Creatives and Producers, as well as being able
to make independent decisions.
- You are enthusiastic about working on both corporate, and commercial work.
- You are a follower of industry trends, technologies and techniques.
- You are integral to the sourcing of suitable music choices.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience cutting short-form content in a fast-paced post production environment.
- Experience leading or managing an edit team.
- Extensive knowledge of Premiere Pro CC.
- Strong After Effects knowledge.
- Strong understanding of transcoding and post workflows from edit to grade, post and
- Knowledge of wider post-production processes, such as animation and motion gfx is a
- An excellent level of written and spoken English. A second language is not essential
but an advantage, as we create content for global brands.
Start Date: ASAP
Salary: Please let us know your salary expectation in your application.
Application criteria: Cover letter, show reel and individual full films relevant to ATP’s creative output.
Please contact j[email protected] quoting“Editor – London”in your subject line.