Closing: February 27th 2018
Posted on February 14, 2018
Blink Productions are looking for a full-time visual researcher and treatment layout designer.
It’s an exciting opportunity to work closely with directors and be part of the creative development process of pitching on commercials and music videos. You will be an integral part of the creative team, helping our award-winning directors visualise and express their ideas and creating pitch-winning treatments of the highest quality.
- Interest in or some experience involving art direction, image research and/or layout design.
- Interest and good knowledge of Film/ TV/ Photography
- Fluent in Adobe InDesign and Photoshop.
- Knowledge of Adobe Premiere (or similar editing software) preferable but not essential
- Interest in advertising and music video production.
- An understanding of our roster of directors and an ability to cater to their different styles and aesthetics.
- Comfortable working to a brief and responding to feedback.
- Pro-active, able to juggle multiple projects and work under pressure to strict deadlines.
On an average day, you will be speaking to a director via email or phone, reading a script and taking a research brief. Search for images and/or video references, and continue to follow instructions from the director and producer as the pitch progresses.
Once they are happy with your research, you will then assemble the images with the director’s writing, creating a full treatment in an InDesign document.
You will also be maintaining the database of freelance researchers and writers as well as booking and coordinating them when a pitch is under way.
No two days are the same – it is a great chance to learn to interpret scripts, understand how different directors work, and create winning pitches.
Salary TBC but be advised this is a position for someone fresh into the industry and not a senior position.
If you think you’re the person for the job, please get in touch and send your CV to [email protected]