Closing: March 9th 2018
Posted on February 6, 2018
Telecine and Online Assistant
As an Assistant at Jogger, you will work closely primarily with our Senior Colourist and Flame Artist on all projects. You will assist them in suite and also in the assist bay as required. Ideally you would have at least 1 year’s experience working in a post-production facility machine room or data lab.
Some of the key responsibilities of this position include:
- Prepare grading sessions for the Senior Colourist – liaise with Production to chase rushes drives/EDLs/Offlines/client info and make sure everything is saved ahead of the session. Prep any reference in the job folder.
- Set up the Baselight and Flame suites ahead of every session and, even if there is no session booked, checking in with each of the artists at the start and end of the day.
- Prepare artwork for all projects in Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Liaise with producers with drive, offline and edls and client info in the booking.
- Conform any edits in advance of a grading session and liaise with the editor/assistant to check all EDLs/offlines are working correctly.
- Sit in on sessions when required. Always check-in as the session is beginning and ending to check if any refreshments are required or high res stills or links need to be prepared and sent out.
- Prepare any of the graded footage to either be rendered on to the server or be exported onto a drive.
- Prepare and QC all WIP and master links coming out of the suites and be able to convert files to viewing copies/uploads.
- Keep on top of telecine and flame archives.
- Maintain and update showreels regularly.
- Maintain log of any drives that come in.
- Label drives and archives.
- Complete telecine reports and make any notes for online.
- Help trouble-shoot problems and contact Filmlight/Autodesk with any issues.
- Maintain the suites, changing the filter for the monitor, maintaining equipment, keep Baselight/Flame up to date with the most recent version, test regularly.
The successful candidate must:
- have basic knowledge of telecine and online process as well as editing, edls, conforming, file types/formats, and online editing workflow, I/O, file converting, encoding, transcoding, broadcasting standards and tech checking;
- be familiar with file based working including use of DPX files and ideally LTO tapes;
- understand they may work irregular hours as projects often require an assistant prior and after the sessions; and
- be outgoing and confident as the role will often be client facing as well as being a crucial part of the workflow between offline and online.
Applications should be sent to [email protected]