Posted on April 11, 2019
We’re looking for a dynamic and ambitious Talent Manager. The role is an exciting opportunity for an entrepreneurial generalist to make a significant difference to our culture and team performance. We are at an exciting point of growth and are looking for someone with experience within a fast paced creative environment to manage that change. The Talent Manager reports to the Operations Director and is partnered by the Talent Acquisition Manager and supported the People and Culture Coordinator and an outsourced HR admin assistant.
About Us –
The Full Service is Rankin’s new hybrid cultural company encompassing creative services, contract publishing, production, editorial verticals/platforms, and talent representation. We are a fast growing, thriving cultural community creating great short and long form content on an hourly basis.
We are a team of creatives, directors, photographers, researchers, strategists, producers and editors who collaborate with brands ranging from luxury to FMCG, charities, editorial platforms, beauty, fashion & automotive.
We help brands be culturally relevant through creative communication, campaigns, brand building & content creation.
We create work that is bold, brave & beautiful.
The Role & Responsibilities –
• Work closely with the Operations Director to develop and maintain an employee engagement strategy that supports the delivery of our main business objectives.
• Drive change management in culture and behaviour to ensure that our values and intended outcomes are embedded.
• Support the delivery of high performance, inclusive culture that allows all employees reaching their potential and achieve their career goals and aspirations.
• Review on a regular basis relevant People related policies and procedures that support the delivery of business objectives and ensure compliance with current and future legislation.
• Deliver effective performance management framework in order to continuously improve organisational capability and calibre of individuals within the business.
• Work closely with all senior stakeholders to initiate positive change and innovation in order to improve organisational effectiveness; to facilitate and act on feedback.
• Research, propose, implement and develop a wellbeing programme.
• Work with Operations Director and Heads of Department to introduce relevant learning and development initiatives in response to the current and future business needs.
• Conduct regular training needs analysis and act upon the findings.
• Actively monitor and manage all People related KPIs and suggest initiatives for improvement where necessary.
• Work closely with the Talent Acquisition Manager to ensure current and future resourcing needs are met and that the right talent is being recruited into the business.
• Continuously improve and adapt the on boarding and induction process to ensure all employees are set up for success and clear what the expectations within the role are.
• Provide support and guidance to management on all employee relations matters and act as sounding board.
• Effectively manage any employee relations cases.
• Proactively work with the Operations Director on new legislation, ensuring timely and effective communication and implementation of new regulations ensuring compliance at all times.
• Own and manage the employee life cycle guiding managers through key milestones.
• Provide comprehensive HR/Payroll administration and support to ensure payroll runs smoothly and on time.
• Ensure that all HR records including employee files, are set up, maintained and where necessary closed/archived in line with GDPR and organized to maximize efficiency.
• Work on a number of projects driving continuous improvement.
About You & Essential –
• Three years minimum in a role of equivalent responsibility and scope
• Experience of building senior level relationships
• Taking a lead on ER cases
• Coaching and development of line managers
• Talent Management focus
• Culture focus
• Flexibility of approach
• Plain speaking
• Progressive thinking
To Apply –
Email: [email protected] with ‘Your Name – Talent Manager’ in the subject field, attaching a CV, and brief cover letter that must address the above criteria.
Candidates unable to prove their right to work in the UK will not be shortlisted.
Please note that we are unable to respond to every application due to the volume received. Only successful candidates will be contacted.