Posted on September 22, 2020
We are looking for a full time Studio Assistant to join the busy studio arm of our business in Camden.
For this role we require someone who is enthusiastic, multi-skilled and eager to make a mark in the film and photographic industry. This role will be client-facing so the individual must be comfortable dealing with a variety of people in high pressured situations. You will be working within a small but fast-paced team. We are looking for someone who is flexible with their days and willing to commit to long hours on occasions.
Previous studio experience preferred and familiarity with lighting and equipment would be a great advantage for this role.
GENERAL DAY-TO-DAY RESPONSIBILITIES
- General upkeep and maintenance of the 3 studios (exterior and interior) including the spaces and adjacent rooms of the studio.
- Managing equipment – ensuring that it is accounted for and maintained in the studio.
- Keeping a high standard of cleanliness throughout the building.
- Preparing studio spaces for upcoming shoots.
- Technical and physical support in set building and lighting.
- Client and Staff hospitality. Help service the clients with in-house catering alongside our in-house head chef.
- Make barista coffee for crews and clients working and visiting the studio – Barista experience is an advantage for this role.
- Refreshing and cleaning studio kitchens and drinks areas.
- Responding to client and co-workers requests quickly and efficiently.
- Key-holder duties to include opening and closing the studios.
- Represent Park Village – have a true understanding of the company and the brand.
- Carry out procedures quickly and efficiently including stock checks, studio replenishment, tidying, painting and moving heavy items.
- Provide reception cover as and when required – answering phone calls, booking couriers and liaising with clients.
KEY SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Previous studio assisting or freelance running would be highly beneficial.
- Excellent presentation, communication and organisational skills.
- Keen interest in technical aspects of shooting, whether motion or stills.
- Computer literate (Photoshop, In design, Word & Excel ..)
- Degree or similar in Film, Photography or production is recommended but not essential.
- Available to work flexible hours where required, late nights, early mornings and weekends.
- Experience in hospitality would be highly beneficial.
- Can do attitude is a must.
Closing date for applications is Monday 5th October.
Please send CV and covering letter to [email protected]
Please note that due to the volume of applications only successful applicants will be contacted.
Park Village is an award-winning production company, film and photographic studios and event space on the edge of Regent’s Park.
The building offers 10,000sq ft of flexible studio space over three distinctive areas with equipment, production and catering options all available in-house.
The studios have continued to attract the brightest stars of film, fashion, and music for over 50 years, from the Rolling Stones iconic 1969 Sticky Fingers shoot right up to the present day.
Film and Content Production, Experiential, Music Promo, Studio & Event Hire
Recently recognised by D&AD as one of the 5 most awarded UK production companies, Park Village has won over 500 international awards, including a BAFTA, 2 Palme d’Ors, 3 Black Pencils, more than 100 D&ADs and over 200 British Arrows.