Closing: August 12th 2019
Posted on July 12, 2019
Studio Assistant – Intern
No task too small, no dream too large.
The RANKIN Group are looking for Studio Assistants to support our busy teams. This opportunity is pitched at internship level and is a genuine opportunity to get involved in and gain experience in the studio aspects of our business.
The role reports into the Studio Manager and is designed to support the Studio team with their daily and ad-hoc tasks as well as with the occasional challenges that arise on a regular basis.
This position is ideal for those who have a genuine passion for photography and/or film, but who have little professional experience or may not have had an opportunity to work professionally within these areas before.
The role is about making sure our studio is running smoothly, that employees and client have a great experience and that our work environment is one that proudly reflects who we are.
This is a varied and ‘hands on’ role, which requires an extremely organised, level-headed and positive person, comfortable in a busy and demanding studio environment. Responsibilities across the studio and the larger business range from ensuring the studio is super tidy and other tasks typical to a Runner, to helping with the organization of client meetings and/or photo-shoots.
The role also requires a degree of flexibility as you may be asked to start early, finish late and/or work over the weekend.
A degree in film production or photography would be ideal but is not a must. As long as you are a hard-worker, conscientious and quick learner type of person with a can-do attitude and a drive for a career in the photo or film industry, we would love to hear from you!
The role is for 6 months and is paid above National Living Wage. As such you need to hold the right to work in the UK.
We cannot guarantee permanent employment following the end of the internship, however, we will normally attempt to keep in contact with those individuals who have demonstrated the right aptitudes and attitudes during their time at RANKIN with regards to any potential opportunities that may arise in the future.
Your day at RANKIN
• Preparing and maintaining the studio, including Styling, Kitchen and Studio to a high standard.
• Maintaining a clean and tidy workplace throughout the day.
• Daily maintenance of meeting rooms for all visits (including flagging any tech issues, stocking up on supplies, clearing the space, etc.)
• Returning studio to a high standard at the end of each shoot.
• Assisting the production teams on and off set.
• Key holder duties will include opening and closing the space.
• Covering Reception when needed.
• Organising Catering for Clients
Skills and requirements:
• Full driving license and confident executive driving in London. Role may include executive and van driving.
• Some knowledge of photography, lighting, studio equipment, film production, post production and software would be highly beneficial.
• Can do positive attitude – ready to muck in.
• Demonstrable passion for photography and/or film.
• Demonstrable respect for our brand.
How to apply
If you are able to stay smiling and go the extra mile at the end of long day, we’d like to hear from you!
Email: [email protected] with ‘Your Name – Studio Assistant’ in the subject field, attaching a CV, and brief cover letter addressing the essential requirements.
Candidates unable to prove their right to work in the UK will not be shortlisted.
Please note that due to the high level of applications unfortunately only successful candidates will be contacted.
Best of luck and thanks for applying!