Posted on May 26, 2021
Software Developer / Pipeline TD
Salary – Based on Experience
Blink is one of London’s top production companies, with a commercial and cultural output across music, advertising, fashion and entertainment. We work with agencies, brands, record companies and broadcasters around the world. We are a proud part of the Blink family. Exceptional craftsmanship is at the heart of everything we do.
We are looking for a full-time Software Developer / Pipeline TD to join our busy studio. Our software development team creates technology to facilitate efficient production and artist workflows for a wide range of animation and CG projects.
You will support and improve our production pipeline workflows, creating efficiencies that keep artists focussed on working their magic.
The successful candidate will possess excellent interpersonal skills, a great work ethic and an inquisitive mind.
- Designing and delivering efficient workflows across BlinkInk & Blink Industries projects.
- Working in collaboration with Supervisors and the Pipeline team to determine the best solutions.
- Support and maintenance of tools including troubleshooting and optimisation.
- Working to industry best practices around agile processes, Python coding standards and software design.
- Thorough documentation of all development.
- Staying across new trends and developments in CG in order to influence pipeline tool development as the company grows.
- You are passionate about all forms of filmmaking, animation and entertainment and love working in this industry.
- You are proactive, solution-orientated, good under pressure and comfortable working in a fast moving, creative environment.
- You have extensive knowledge of and experience with software and disciplines used within the production and post-production industries.
- You possess excellent communication and people skills, and have a proven track record of strong collaboration within a team of developers.
- The ability to engineer and develop for a large software project.
- Excellent Python and DCC integration skills.
- Experience using and developing for 3D applications such as Maya and
- Experience using and developing for 2D applications such as AfterEffects or
- An understanding of Linux, Mac & Windows OS.
- Familiarity with Production Databases such as Shotgun or F-Track.
- A good understanding of performance issues that can arise with
automated pipelined tools.
- Excellent communication and documentation skills.
- Detail orientated with strong problem solving skills and the ability to
- Good knowledge of the Git workflow
- Familiar with SQL database and Graph database
Please email [email protected] with your CV and available start date, or if you have any questions or need help with your application.
BLINKINK IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER