Posted on February 12, 2019
Social Media & Communications Manager
Role: Social Media & Communications Manager
Full time position
We are a world class animation studio and production company. We create stunningly crafted film and animation with our partners in the advertising, music, and entertainment industries. We’re a proud part of the Blink family. You can see some of our work here: https://blinkink.co.uk/reels/blinkink-february-2019
We are currently looking for a bright Social Media & Communications Manager to join our team. You will be responsible for planning and delivering our social media and PR/comms strategy across various social channels and the creative/cultural press.
You’ll be our primary media and social contact, responding to enquiries and proactively identifying opportunities. You’ll work closely with the management team to build our community, maximise engagement, and raise awareness around our talented filmmakers and the incredible work we produce. You will be a first class copywriter with an eye for design, excellent interpersonal skills, a great work ethic and an inquisitive mind.
To be considered for this role you must have a minimum of 2 years’ experience in social media and communications within a fast-paced creative, fashion or lifestyle business.
- Managing our social media channels and growing our audience across Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, etc, ensuring our work is seen by the widest possible audience.
- Creating dynamic content (stills/GIFs/video/copy) bespoke to each channel. A mixture of original content alongside the curation and repurposing of existing assets. Using timelines and scheduled content to ensure a consistent stream of new material while analysing, managing, and altering schedules where necessary to optimise engagement. Participating in audience interaction to increase traffic to company website and channels.
- Proposing new ideas and concepts for social media content, working with the management team to develop new strategies and identify opportunities. Exploring and implementing new ways for us to connect with our audience within the advertising industry and animation community e.g. competitions, hosting events, live Q&As, etc.
- Writing and distributing regular e-newsletters to subscribers and building the subscriber base through social channels.
- Analysis and reporting on reach and demographics across social, e-newsletters and website traffic, and consolidating information to improve strategy.
- Press Releases; copy-writing, design & layout, preparing materials and distribution to press and editorial platforms serving the creative, advertising and animation industries.
- Coordinating with partner advertising agencies, record co’s, band management, brands, etc on the comms/social strategy around release of new projects.
- Developing and maintaining relationships with journalists, influencers and platforms (It’s Nice That, Creative Review, David Reviews, Stash, Shots, etc). Initiating and securing interviews, special features, profile pieces, etc.
- Management of website content for blinkink.co.uk. Copywriting, selecting videos/images and day-to-day optimisation.
- Coordination of awards submissions (D&AD, Cannes Lions, British Arrows, etc) and film/animation/creative festivals. Attending ceremonies, functions, festivals and events.
- Data management of all incoming projects and opportunities.
- An excellent understanding of the traditional and social media landscapes, with an ability to target publicity appropriately.
- Knowledge of creative and cultural press and editorial platforms, UK and International.
- Confident at delegating tasks and working within a team.
- Energetic self-starter, copes well with responsibility and thrives in a fast moving, creative environment, with the ability to manage multiple deadlines.
- Thorough, precise, with an excellent attention to detail.
- A good understanding of channel metrics, able to adapt strategies according to analysis.
- Competence in design, scheduling, and file-sharing software.
- Experience in writing engaging micro & long form copy, and design/layout for social media. Please provide a portfolio of examples.
- Proven credentials in growing and managing online communities across social channels.
- A passion for filmmaking, music, creativity and the arts. An understanding of animation is advantageous, though not required.
Please email [email protected] with the subject heading Social Media and Communications Manager with your CV and available start date, or if you have any questions.