Closing: October 8th 2021
Posted on September 9, 2021
Senior Systems Engineer
We are looking for a Senior Systems Engineer to work within the company alongside the IT Team, who will be solely responsible for supporting everybody on a specific 2D animation series.
The role will require providing hardware and software support for the
Studio on Holloway Road as well as remote support for those that are working from home (currently 95% of staff on the project).
The candidate would need to show an interest in Animation/VFX or Post Production processes and what we do here at Blink as well as experience with front line support of both Apple and Windows hardware and software. Knowledge of Harmony/Storyboard Pro, After Effects/Photoshop/Premiere Pro is needed. Experience with Maya and Blender is a bonus.
- General IT support for production, directors, office staff and the artists including setting up email accounts, purchasing licenses when requested, creating domain accounts etc.
- Setting up workstations in the studio whether for on-prem or remote access.
- Supporting artists with software licensing requirements, network rendering and integration of pipeline tools developed specifically for this project.
- Working alongside the TD to make sure the render farm is working as it should, any user pipeline issues are ironed out, artists and producers have permissions to the right files/folders.
- Maintenance of servers, overall network, central storage and physical security systems.
- Maintenance of workstations and laptops (primarily Windows).
- Software implementation, licencing, asset tracking and updates.
- Management of users/groups, permissions, file sharing and network security.
- Maintenance of guides and system docs.
- Daily archiving and backups.
- Supporting wireless access points, printers and other general areas in the studio.
- Working alongside third party support companies to tackle any trickier tasks or to offload some of the daily issues.
- Responsibilities may change as the company develops and expands.
- Excellent knowledge of macOS and Windows based systems.
- Understanding of networks – firewalls, DNS, DHCP, FTP and Active Directory.
- Excellent troubleshooting and technical problem-solving skills.
- Ability to diagnose and fix hardware faults and software issues independently.
- Familiarity with cloud platforms such as AWS, Google Cloud Compute, G Suite, Dropbox etc is a bonus.
- Knowledge of Linux (preferred, not essential as training will be provided).
- Ability to understand animation workflows, specifically 2D and render farm processes.
- Self-regulating and able to manage own workload and priorities day to day.
- Good under pressure and comfortable working in a fast moving and creative environment.
- Excellent communication skills as this is a people facing role which involves a lot of clear instructions through tickets and over Slack.
- Very hands on and involved in every aspect of the day-to-day would be beneficial.
- Must have at least 5 years experience supporting Mac/Windows or both environments.
- Minimum 5 years professional experience as an IT Assistant or Technician or in a similar support role.
- Animation/Post house experience is essential.
Salary £40 – £45K PA depending on experience.
Send CVs, cover letter and available start date to [email protected]