Closing: February 7th 2022
Posted on January 10, 2022
Senior Systems Administrator
Job Role – Senior Systems Admin
BlinkInk is one of London’s top animation production companies. We make commercials,
music videos, short films and entertainment for agencies, brands, record companies and
broadcasters around the world.
We are a proud part of the Blink family (Blink Productions, Blink Industries). Our work spans the full spectrum of animation (2D, CGI, stop-frame) as well as mixed-media, live action and puppetry.
You can see some of our recent work here: www.blinkink.co.uk
We are looking for a Senior Systems Administrator to provide technical support for all the Company’s network, storage and corporate infrastructure.
The role will require providing hardware and software support for our Blink Office in Soho, and two studios in Holloway as well as remote support for projects on a shoot.
The candidate would need to show an interest in Animation/VFX or Post Production
processes and what we do here at Blink, as well as experience with front line support of both Apple and PC hardware and software. Familiarity with animation software such as Cinema 4D, Adobe Creative Suite, Nuke, Modo, Maya, and Deadline rendering is a plus.
Essential experience :
Implement and support a wide variety of software and hardware platforms:
● Networking, including switches & firewalls such as Aruba & Fortinet, VLANs and routing
● Administering Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, GPO
● Systems, including: VMWare, Veeam, P5, Windows / Linux / MacOS, FlexLM & RLM
● Storage systems, working with: GPFS
● Production software, including: Nuke, Maya, Modo, Adobe Creative Suite, Shotgrid
● Render systems, including: Deadline
● Corporate software and hardware systems, including: cloud email, printers
● Demonstrable knowledge of remote access protocols (PCoIP, VNC, Teradici, RDP)
● Scripting language experience (Bash, Python)
Responsibilities & Accountabilities :
● Workstation builds via automation including OS and software installation
● Server builds for necessary services, both physical and virtual
● Troubleshooting performance bottlenecks and intermittent issues
● Deployment of end-user remote access software
● Moving, transporting and installing physical hardware
● Implementing processes and resources to maintain and enhance production
● Strong interest and knowledge of information security standards, no technologies and
● Keeping documentation on infrastructure, assets, applications and licenses updated
● Providing front line technical support to all Blink’ staff, including out-of-hours work as
● Collaborating with Technical staff across all our sites
● Minimum 4 years professional experience as an IT Assistant or Technician or 4 years
in a similar support role.VFX/Post house experience is preferred.
● You will be based at our animation studio location in Holloway, North London.
● Salary £45K+ PA depending on experience.
Please send CVs, cover letter and available start date to [email protected] with the job role included in the subject line of the email.