Posted on August 16, 2023
The Canopy is an agency built on friendship, founded in 2015 by three great friends. We’ve grown to have almost 30 creatives under one beautiful roof in Winchester. We are proudly independent and are on a journey to keep growing and to keep doing great work, for great brands. We help brand owners tell their stories through Design and Moving Image, carefully crafting effective, forward-thinking and thought-provoking design, film, photography, CGI and VFX.
Why do we need you?
Through hard work, amazing creativity, great people and clients, we have doubled in size in the last three years and plan to do the same again in the next three. We have a number of exciting new clients who need post-shoot support on quick turn-around projects of varying scale and demand. We need an imaginative multi-skilled creative, who has great commercially focused storytelling skills, to manipulate footage into highly polished edits for both our client and ourselves.
Who is our ideal Senior Editor?
You’ll need to collaborate, be careful, meticulous and detail oriented, and most importantly, have an intrinsic understanding of what great creative looks like, and you’ll be passionate about delivering this on every single project.
You will work closely with producers, CGI artists and motion designers to bring sound and visuals seamlessly together to tell our client’s brand stories. You’ll need to be comfortable juggling direction from all angles without losing sight of the original brief and project goals.
Our culture is precious to us. We need someone with a good sense of humour, no-ego and open-minded to an evolving role in an agile business. We’ve embraced a fully flexible working week, but strongly believe that the best creative and most successful collaboration happens when we are in the room together. You will be a passionate advocate, and work with the team in the studio a minimum of three days per week.
You will have:
- At least 5 years’ experience working in a design, branding or production agency, with global brands as an Editor.
- Familiarity with special effects, 3D, motion and compositing.
- A sound knowledge of grading and sound mixing.
- Expert knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite, including Premier and After Effects as well as DaVinci Resolve.
- A solid understanding of Cinema 4D and Unreal Engine.
- Ability to talk confidently and authoritatively about your ideas with both our internal team, as well as with clients.
- On each project you are assigned, you will manipulate raw footage, input music, dialogue, graphics and effects into polished, clear, engaging and creative rough edits for client review and final cuts deliverables.
- Deliver great creative outputs which exceed expectations and uphold our exceptional creative standards.
- Demonstrate your seniority on projects, sharing your knowledge with the team, and actively demonstrating your curiosity, new ideas, new technologies and best practices whenever the opportunity arises.
- Confidently present your ideas internally and externally.
- Provide mentorship to more junior team members.
- Adherence and engage in processes and requests from your line manager regarding your workflow and project management, time management, booking leave, meeting and studio attendance.
And what will you get in return?
Our people are the foundation of our business and we work hard to develop, invest in and provide a fun, inspirational environment for them to grow. You’ll enjoy;
- a competitive and transparent salary,
- 5% employer pension contribution,
- 23 days holiday increasing with service, plus bank holidays, your birthday and Christmas off on top,
- an annual team holiday,
- team bonus,
- personal development plans,
- and a beautiful studio right in the heart of historic Winchester.
Please send your CV and examples of work to [email protected]
Closing date for applications: 30 August 2023
Team: Moving Image
Salary Range: £38,000 – £48,000
Hours: Monday – Friday. 9am–5pm.
Location: A minimum of three days a week must be worked in our Winchester studio.