Posted on May 16, 2022
Senior Colour Assistant
We are excited to announce a vacancy to join our friendly London team. We are based in the heart of Covent Garden. Nomad is an award winning international edit and post house with a reputation as an industry leader in commercials, films and content. We work with some of the worlds biggest brands with fantastic directors and clients.
Nomad London is looking for a full time Senior Colour Assistant to join the team – this is a great opportunity to get some one-on-one mentoring, develop your skills and progress into a Colourist position in the future.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- A great attitude and the ability to get along with clients and staff alike whilst working under pressure is a must.
- Data wrangling and setting up projects in DaVinci Resolve in readiness for the Colourist’s session with clients.
- Prepping and managing incoming rushes, communicating with producers and clients to enable smooth workflows and ensure the correct assets and materials are delivered on time for each project.
- Sorting out EDLs, XMLs and AAFs, making sure the project conforms correctly and checking against the offline reference film to ensure everything is frame accurate.
- Solving conform issues and liaising with producers and clients to have material resupplied when necessary.
- Dealing with different camera formats, codecs, frame rates, resolutions and colour workflows (Rec709, Linear, ACES, HDR, etc.).
- Exporting and sending grade approval files to clients.
- Rendering in different formats and specifications for different departments and transferring the graded renders to hard drives or uploading to servers as required by the client.
- Grading additional shots for completed projects and/or tweaking existing grades according to clients’ feedback.
- Setting up remote grading sessions.
- Quality control: making sure all renders and deliverables are correct and meet the specifications required.
- Maintenance and organisation of network-based storage, liaising with tech support when issues arise.
- Backup and archive of projects and databases.
Skills, Experience & Personal Attributes
- A good understanding of colour workflows from ingest to delivery (Rec709, Linear, ACES, LUT creation and application, etc.).
- A strong understanding of camera formats, resolutions, aspect ratios, frame rates and codecs.
- In-depth knowledge of DaVinci Resolve software.
- Good knowledge of operating systems (MacOS and Windows).
- Proficient at dealing with EDLs, XMLs and AAFs.
- Methodical, diligent and organised with great attention to detail.
- Flexible approach to working hours and commitment to meet project deadlines.
- Ability to work productively in a team both with and without supervision.
- Good problem solver, capable of working well under pressure keeping a friendly and positive attitude.
- Previous experience in a post-production environment.
Email [email protected] and in the subject header please write ‘Colour Assistant Job Application’.
Whilst we will try, it may not be possible to reply to all applicants. Apologies in advance, and thanks for your time.