Closing: May 7th 2021
Posted on April 7, 2021
Sales, Marketing & Business Development Manager
Virtual Sound is a smart new model for audio post production. The first 360 audio post consultancy, designed and built for a new era of content production. Our mission is to radically simplify audio post by providing a dynamic, efficient consultancy service for producers of all types of content. We are a trusted partner to our clients, flawlessly managing all suppliers in the workflow to deliver broadcast quality audio, from VO’s and Foley to sound design and music.
Established in 2018 as a sister company to well respected music house Thirty Two Music, Virtual Sound consults with advertising agencies, production companies, creative agencies, content houses, marketing agencies, corporate production companies and anyone making audio visual content in the brand space and beyond.
We have an exciting new opportunity for an experienced full time / contract freelance sales, marketing and business development manager to join our team. We want this person to become an integral part of our business and work closely with us to help it reach its full potential.
The ideal candidate will be driven, ambitious, connected, able to self-manage working remotely and excited about working closely with our directors to bring structure, drive and creativity to our business development strategy. You will Ideally be based in, or close to London, or have an established network in London. Though our ambitions are global.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Sales – Generating new business opportunities from your own network and defining and targeting new clients / markets
- Networking – Develop and nurture long lasting and fruitful relationships with clients, keeping in regular contact and liaising with co-founders to plan joint communication strategies, and to ensure all communications are consistent with our principles and values.
- Marketing & PR – Overseeing all forms of outgoing marketing communication and strategy including social media management, advertising, mailouts etc
- Identifying and attending relevant industry events
- Effectively packaging and presenting our products / offers using existing marketing assets, and by creating new marketing materials
- Strategic planning – Identifying and pursuing new opportunities and growth areas of our industry
- Business Development – identifying partnership opportunities across all sectors of the industry. Explore and develop opportunities in new markets.
- Communicating with the production team to identify new opportunities within existing client pools
Key Personal Attributes:
- Confident and outgoing with a calm, polite demeanour and a natural ease in client communication
- Active interest in the media landscape and up to date knowledge of developments in media production / post production.
- A strong understanding of the roles of different companies in the ad / content production and post production spaces
- Strong attention to detail. Self motivated. Highly organised. We work remotely so the right candidate will already have a proven system for organising their time
- Creativity and willingness to conceive and drive new initiatives within VS
- At least 3 years experience working in media production, specifically in new business, sales and marketing. Audio post production would be ideal, but if you have knowledge of the landscape and tick all the other boxes then it might just work.
- Experience developing and implementing business development strategies in the media production space.
Remuneration structure dependent on experience. There will be a retainer and a sizeable % of generated revenue, with a path to Director and company shares.
At VS we all trust one another to achieve and to drive our own areas of the business forward. We respect each other’s work life balance and we prioritise our mental health, both as individuals and as a group. We set our own hours while always being available to our clients when they need us. We’re running a business not a prison. As long as you are available when we need you you can choose your own hours, arrange your own day… and always let us know what you need from us to support you in doing and being the best you possibly can. We can’t wait to work with you.
Please send a CV along with a covering letter to: [email protected]