Closing: June 21st 2021
Posted on June 7, 2021
As a Resource Manager at Electric, you will manage artists across a number of departments within the studio, most importantly 2D & CG. You will be responsible for the future planning of resources, ensuring that the studio is appropriately staffed and organised to service the demands of every project.
This role requires excellent communication, understanding and appreciation for the creative and operational challenges of the studio, and the ability to build strong relationships with Artist, Production, and Operations departments. Working with Production and Lead Artists, you will build teams to ensure not only efficient and effective use of resources, but optimal creative output as the utmost priority. Your role also involves Artist development, ensuring that key creative talent is nurtured internally through project allocation and team selection.
- Work closely with department heads to assign artists to projects and ensure that they have opportunity to develop
- Working within the Operations team to schedule the needs of the Producer and Leads for each project.
- Engage in early bidding and planning with Producers to identify talent needs, scheduling, and often arranging resources for pitches.
- Have a thorough understanding of capacity, internal resources, as well as an ability to flag challenges and opportunities.
- Creatively schedule large projects that require intricate planning or big picture foresight
- Taking the long view on the studio: not only where we’ll be next week, but next month, and next quarter.
- Advising on trends of freelance bookings to guide full time recruitment
- Maintain a strong black book, ensuring that we can react to particular creative briefs with the right artists.
- Ensure freelancers are being allocated correctly and effectively
- Provide support for Artists by monitoring working hours and Artist satisfaction.
- Work on building relationships with Artists and help gain an understanding of their future goals to aid in their progression
- Working with the Engineering team to ensure that all artists have an appropriately ‘spec’d’ workstation and all the requisite licenses.
- 3-5 years resource management experience, ideally in VFX
- Excellent project planning, problem-solving and scoping skills
- Capacity to manage a busy workload
- Experience using CETA
- Passion for the creative industries
Please send your CV and a cover letter to [email protected] with the subject line including the role you are applying for.