We are looking for a PR & Social Media Manager to join our team in London. This position is an exciting opportunity to be an integral part of the creative development and growth of the Somesuch brand.
Our website and social media channels are our ‘shop window’ and something we are all proud of. Our aim is for the standard of the content we share on these to be as high as the films, adverts and music videos we make. As a production company operating globally with a roster of multi-award-winning directors, we want our work to be seen and appreciated by as many people as possible. Our PR & Social Media Manager will be at the forefront of making this happen, both creatively and strategically.
As PR & Social Media Manager at Somesuch, you will:
- Run all Somesuch social media platforms with a strategic and creative mindset, creating assets and release schedules for each piece of new work, ensuring each platform is up to date and our work is presented to the highest standard;
- Nurture and continue to develop a unique, fresh and interesting social media identity for Somesuch;
- Monitor new and emerging social media and press platforms and, where appropriate, ensure Somesuch has an active presence as new platforms develop;
- Proactively build a wide network of industry press contacts and seed all new work out to press ensuring maximum coverage;
- Lead on all website curation to ensure the best and latest work is showcased here, director reels are regularly considered and website content is kept up-to-date;
- Create mailers for clients, agencies, brands, press etc.;
- Work to build the Somesuch brand beyond a traditional production/industry profile – creating partnerships, new editorial ideas, and developing and executing new projects to raise our profile;
- Curate, develop and run external promotional events/screenings for Somesuch and our directors, and
- Be responsible for industry award entries and film festival submissions, attending these events where appropriate.
We are looking for someone who has proven public relations/communications/social media management experience and a strong understanding of the film and commercial production industry with a keen interest in art, music, fashion and photography. Ideally, you would also have proficiency in the use of Mac-based Adobe software – specifically InDesign and Photoshop.
Starting salary: circa £50,000 per year (dependent on experience).
To apply please send a cover letter and CV to [email protected], with ‘PR & Social Media Manager’ as the subject.