Posted on August 17, 2017
Company: Little Dot Studios
Based in: Shoreditch, London
Reports to: Channel Manager
Contract Type: 6 months
You must send a PDF CV and PDF cover letter by August 21st 2017 to [email protected] with ‘Operations Assistant BR – [your name]’ in the subject line.
Please state clearly in your cover letter the following:
- languages you speak fluently [Brazilian Portuguese is mandatory];
- experience in video editing and in copywriting;
- date you’d be available to start working with us (in Shoreditch, London).
Unfortunately, due to the volume of applications we receive, if this information is not included in the cover letter, or you do not provide a cover letter, it will not be possible to review your application.
Little Dot Studios is one of the fastest growing next-generation media companies in the UK. We manage YouTube channels and social video for over 100 global TV brands, from The Graham Norton Show to Formula E. We also produce original and branded video content, and have launched several award-winning branded campaigns.
We are looking for an Operations Assistant to join the team and work on TV content for some of our overseas clients. Operations Assistants are key members of the Little Dot Studios team and need to be proactive and enthusiastic with a range of skills. The day-to-day role will include video editing and basic graphic design, repurposing and optimizing Latin American TV content for online, and providing support to the Channel Management team.
All applicants should be able to show demonstrable interest in online video and social media, and some experience in video editing and graphic design.
- Helping to build and maintain YouTube channels: designing brand assets, creating clips, optimizing metadata and uploading to a schedule agreed with the channel management team
- Creating and optimizing video for other social platforms (Facebook, Twitter, etc)
- Working to manage the materials library
- Ordering all materials from partners and ensuring a timely delivery
- Keeping in-house material library up to date
- Writing copy for YouTube and social media, understanding the importance of editorial voice and tone
- General department support and assisting the Channel Management team with the running of their channels
- Native/bilingual speaker of Brazilian Portuguese with impeccable spelling and grammar
- Proven experience in video editing
- Good knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud – Adobe Premiere Pro, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe After Effects
- Good knowledge of social media platforms (YouTube, Facebook, Twitter), specifically their use of video
- Ability to work under pressure managing multiple tasks and an interest in working in a dynamic start-up environment
- Great communication skills, with a positive attitude and a good sense of humour
- Some knowledge of the YouTube content management system and other video platforms
- Bachelor degree in media/related subject
- Other languages