Closing: August 16th 2021
Posted on July 19, 2021
Office Manager / Executive Assistant
Vacancy: Full-time (40 hours)
MassiveMusic is the agency of record for some of the most famous brands in the world. As a trusted partner, MassiveMusic delivers everything a brand needs in the field of music, voice and sound. Impactful strategies, sonic brand identities and best-in-class compositions – the agency creates this and much more thanks to its fervent passion for music combined with craftsmanship and scientific research. The ultimate goal? To make the world sound better, while helping brands and agencies be more effective through the emotional power of sound. The nifty creators and strategic thinkers behind MassiveMusic can be found in offices and studios around the world. Rumour has it they also throw a massive party every once in a while. www.massivemusic.com
As our enthusiastic and ultra-organised Office Manager / Executive Assistant, your mission is to look after our MassiveMusic home in London, and provide support for our company MD.
You will be responsible for the smooth running of our office and recording studio, managing supplies and service contractors. As the first point of contact, you’ll be the face of MassiveMusic London and you’re there to create the best possible environment for our staff, guests and all who come our way.
You will be the ‘go-to’ person for support. If you can’t sort it yourself, you know who can get it done, and you ensure everything gets finished. ‘Problem solver’ is your middle name: you are resourceful and have great organisational and administration skills, including that (eagle) eye for detail. Handling a number of different tasks at the same time? Pfff, easy like Sunday morning.
Your positive energy precedes you when you enter the room. People are naturally drawn to the awesome human being that you are thanks to your empathy and friendly, well-presented appearance.
Skills and Requirements
- You have proven experience of working in a fast-paced environment
- You have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- You have experience with travel coordination, domestic and international
- You are highly organised and resourceful (‘done it already’ is your most frequent statement)
- You can maintain confidentiality and high level of discretion at all times
- You know your way around a Mac, G-Suite, and have finger-blurring typing skills
- You excel at Excel (you get along with spreadsheets, charts and basic financial functions)
- You are able to handle administrative details independently
- Your time-management skills are so impressive they would make a ghost go pale
- You are a ‘people person’ who thrives in the creative environment
- Music is important to you – you know the difference between Eno and Emo
- You have a strong teamwork mentality and are able to communicate effectively with different teams
- Already worked in the advertising or branding scene? Oef, we’re hyperventilating
Detailed Responsibilities: Office Management
- Making sure the office runs smoothly, efficiently and is kept presentable
- Answering the phone, greeting and looking after visiting clients and talent
- Liaising with external companies (e.g. local council, security, cleaning, contractors, alien societies)
- Ordering and maintaining office supplies (nobody knows where all paper clips go)
- Overseeing IT support and requirements, working with internal IT team and external partners
- Managing incoming and outgoing deliveries
Detailed Responsibilities: Executive Assistant/General Administration
- Managing the general company and MD’s diaries and assist with booking appointments
- Managing the general company email account (occasionally sending cat gifs is ok)
- Managing all company travel arrangements
- Researching and booking venues for meetings and events
- Taking minutes during meetings
- Administering expenses
Detailed Responsibilities: HR Administration
- Support for recruitment processes
- Maintaining a log of employees’ annual leave and sickness absence in our HR system
- Helping to welcome new members of staff and getting them settled in the company
- Your attitude is enterprising, efficacious and effective
- You can think, see and listen many steps ahead
- You eat, breathe, sleep music (you wear headphones before your clothes)
- You are sociable and helpful not only to colleagues but to all who come our way
- You challenge yourself and the team to raise the bar a little higher every time
- You like to be at our Massive and other industry-related events and get-togethers (if the world allows)
Full time. What do you get in return? Inspiration, knowledge, career development and spiritual fulfilment. But if you insist on monetary reward too, then we can talk about our competitive financial package. Oh and, how could we forget, you get an international bunch of remarkable musically-infused individuals to work with.
On this note, please know that MassiveMusic is an equal opportunities employer. Applicants will not be excluded on the grounds of sex, gender reassignment, pregnancy, maternity, race, marital status, disability, age, religion, belief or sexual orientation.
If after reading this you find yourself singing “Is this the real life? Is this just fantasy?”, that’s probably a sign you are our next Office Manager/Executive Assistant. Ready to join the band? Apply in 3, 2, 1 via THIS LINK.
Looking forward to hearing from you!