Posted on November 1, 2017
Business Development Manager
Not To Scale is a young, dynamic film and animation content production studio. Established in 2005 we have built a world-class reputation as a go-to creative studio. There is an opportunity to join Not To Scale’s sales and marketing team and lead the business development at the London studio.
We are looking for a talented and energetic Business Development Manager to help take our sales and lead generation to the next level. You might be someone who is currently operating as a marketing or new business assistant and looking to step up to a more senior role. Or perhaps you are doing this job or a related one elsewhere and want to take control of your career again. You should have a minimum of five years’ experience in a relevant creative business, however, we are most interested in finding a candidate with a wide professional network and a genuine passion for producing great creative work.
This will be the perfect role for anyone who is a self-starter, likes to work under their own steam and isn’t afraid to take risks. The ideal candidate will be highly sociable and well-connected, with a great network within the creative community. We are looking for someone who is able to get close to up-and-coming work and who is able to identify new business leads through a natural desire to have their finger on the production pulse at all times.
We are looking for someone with a proven ability in sales combined with a genuine passion for building long-term client relationships. This individual should be motivated by generating business for Not To Scale and enjoy the style of remuneration that rewards success. The ideal candidate will feel confident that they will be able to deliver in a highly competitive sales environment.
The role will report directly to the Managing Director of Not To Scale, based in London.
Job description and required skills:
- Promoting Not To Scale’s talented international roster to new and existing clients as a key part of our international marketing team.
- Developing and delivering on a target-led marketing and sales strategies.
- Keeping Not To Scale’s diverse work at the forefront of Ad Agency producers, creative teams and brand content commissioners’ minds.
- Work with UK Management to plan coordinated activities that help to stimulate interest in Not To Scale.
- Must be energetic and a self-starter with a love for creativity, whilst being able to act on initiative to find new ways to grow our professional network to generate new leads and opportunities for the Directors and Studio.
- A highly organised individual who is able to work individually and as part of a team. Must be a people person who likes to socialise in the industry whilst also knowing how to manage this time effectively in order to obtain the most useful business results.
- Ultimately the role will be evaluated on the candidate’s ability to generate and win new business for the London studio. We believe our work is highly creative, therefore the role is to ensure that all the key influencers are aware, on an on-going basis, of the work that we do.
Not To Scale has always prided itself on recruiting the best possible people. Founded in London in 2005, we have a hard-earned reputation for excellent creativity and craft expertise in our field.
The studio is a fun, hard-working environment and all of our staff are valued and often consulted on the direction that the studio moves in and the big decisions that affect our day-to-day lives.
Excellent industry contacts are essential to this role, as well as an ability to stay ahead of what is happening within the creative community in London and beyond.
Remuneration will be comprised of salary and results based rewards.
About Not To Scale:
Not To Scale is an international film and animation content production business with expertise in harnessing traditional and digital film craft techniques to create engaging experiences for audiences to enjoy and share.
We have offices in New York, London, Amsterdam and Los Angeles.
We have won numerous industry awards working for Brands and Clients such as; Google, Burberry, Virgin, British Airways, Nike, Honda, American Express, Ogilvy, Publicis, BBH, W+K and many more.
How to Apply
A covering letter should be addressed to our London Studio Managing Director Sarah Butterworth and sent along with a CV to our HR Manager Tenzin Wagner at [email protected]