Closing: January 31st 2018
Posted on January 4, 2018
New Business Manager
Reports to: Stephen Bates, Marketing Director & Mike Sharpe, Creative Director/Founder
The primary focus of this role is to generate leads and meetings for the Found business and then to work with the rest of the team to help convert those leads and meetings into paid client work. The secondary focus is to help develop and grow relationships with existing clients by maintaining relationships with them and finding new opportunities to work with them or other parts of their business.
Roles & responsibilities:
- Learning and developing an in-depth understanding of Found’s portfolio/expertise and how this helps clients to achieve their marketing and communication goals
- Extensively networking at agency and client attended events (business and social) in order to generate awareness of the Found brand and generate leads
- Researching and contacting new leads over LinkedIn, email and phone
- Deciding on best approach and what is relevant to send them
- Arranging new business meetings with interested, quality prospects
- Being able to confidently and effectively hold new business meetings and credentials presentations with clients at all levels, whether alone or with wider team
- Following up and keeping in touch with prospects and clients in order to convert meetings into paid projects/business
Business development (existing clients)
- Developing and growing relationships with existing clients in order to secure additional projects and revenue (through selling in different types of work, cross-selling other services from Output Group (digital, design etc) or in building relationships with different departments and contacts within the client’s business
- Facilitating and tracking relationships that rest of Found team own and lead
Planning and reporting
- Working closely with the Marketing/Business Development Director and Found Creative Director/MD to co-create and execute the Found new business and marketing strategy and activity plans
- Using the marketing and business development team’s reporting and communication processes to keep the wider Marketing and Business Development team, as well as the rest of the studio fully aware of activity, progress and results
- Creating notes and reports on all internal Marketing and Business Development Team meetings
Maintaining database and marketing assets
- Maintaining the studio CRM system with completely up-to-date information on client businesses, contacts and specific details on our last contact and relationships with them
- Tailoring creds presentations to suit the interests and needs of different prospects
PR and Social
- Working with Output Marketing and Business Development Director on creating and seeking out PR opportunities for the company.
- Maintaining all Found social media channels, making sure they are regularly effectively used to promote the company’s reputation for strong creativity
- Using social channels to research and network online with potential prospects and clients
- Maintaining awareness of how different types of clients and projects impact on the company’s revenue and profitability targets and adjusting new business and marketing activity accordingly
We’re looking for a New Business Manager to join our growing team here at Found – an award-winning motion design studio.
You’re an outgoing, organised and highly personable networker with strong sales and marketing skills. You’ll be great on the phone, have a good work ethic and a real interest in creativity and motion design.
You’ll help us to make Found famous amongst the UK’s most acclaimed advertising, branding and creative agencies, as well as selected client-side brands. Ideally, you already have a strong network of contacts across the industry. But if you don’t you’re not afraid of cold contacting and getting out there in order to create one. You’ll need to be confident talking with people at all levels (internally and externally) and in presenting to small and large groups of people.
As well as selling and networking, you’ll be co-ordinating all external marketing communications for Found, including website updates, case studies and liaison with the wider marketing and business development team. You’ll also be happy researching new leads and opportunities, as well as maintaining and developing our database of contacts. We run regular creative and social events and you’ll also help to make the most of these from a new business point of view.
You’ll work closely with our Marketing and Business Development Director to come up with ideas for campaigns and sales activity. You’ll also work with the team to maintain our social media channels and deliver on our content calendar.
Internally you’ll report on your progress and the effectiveness of our various marketing activities at our weekly and monthly meetings, ensuring we’re on-track to deliver against the marketing and business development plan. You’ll also help to communicate marketing and business development activity to the rest of the studio.
We offer a competitive package and the opportunity to work in a fulfilling creative environment with a great chance to develop.
Please send a CV and covering letter explaining your ambitions, salary expectations and why you’d be perfect for the role to Stephen Bates at [email protected]