Posted on December 13, 2021
New Business Lead
Nexus Studios has a unique offer spanning Commercials, Immersive and Film/Episodic. We’ve just been Grammy nominated for our concert film special with Billie Eilish, our BBC Tokyo Olympics Trail is in Campaign’s Top 5 Ads of 2021 and in January, our dark comedy anthology, The House, launches on Netflix. And last month we created Marvel’s first of its kind AR experience for the launch of the movie, Eternals.
Representing some of the best talent in the world, including Oscar-winning Patrick Osborne, and double Cannes Grand Prix-winning Johnny Kelly, we are looking for someone who sees the role of proactive new business as an exciting opportunity. You will be immersed in the creative industry and have a strong network. You’ll have an entrepreneurial spirit, strategically seeking out the most desirable opportunities.
Your role will be to build on existing relationships, identify and grow new partnerships in order to attract scripts, briefs and long lasting client partnerships. You will work closely with the Executive Producers to create new project opportunities, both in the UK and abroad. You will ensure our commercials, branded content and immersive work and our individual directors are accurately represented to the industry and beyond.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Building our brand awareness and increase script and project flow, leading personal and company communication approaches
- Initiate and maintain relationships with creatives and producers in advertising agencies, as well as “in-house” agency teams at brands, games companies and broadcasters
- Pursue new opportunities based on the directors individual creative ambitions and personalities and be able to present their work through online channels, decks and bespoke reel creation
- Along with the EPs and CDs, be the brand’s presence in the market – regular one-on-one and group presentations. Educating, informing, and inspiring people about the our roster, animation and innovative craft. You will help develop and be a cheerleader of our overarching and market specific communication strategy
- Network with all client types, when appropriate, including attending evening and weekend functions, events and shows
- Initiate and drive targeted communications and events, both digital and in person, that inspire and engage creatives and producer clients, both in agencies and brands.
- Work collaboratively with all EPs and wider team to develop initiatives, share leads and connect the dots on relationships and opportunities
You will have:
- An entrepreneurial and positive approach who enjoys seeking out new relationships and opportunities to push both creative and business success.
- A keen eye for quality and talent and be confident explaining creative and production approaches in both written and verbal communications.
- Exceptional communication and networking skills are a prerequisite
- Be a self starter with the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Extensive and varied experience within the creative production industry, with an interest in animation, and immersive and experiential ways of storytelling. The details you can learn.
- A strong network of contacts and commissioners and a thorough understanding of advertising agency networks and production methodologies.
If you are well-connected, love working with Directors and are looking for your next challenge at one of the most innovative and forward-thinking production companies in the world, then please email our MD on [email protected] and let us know why you should be considered.