Posted on June 24, 2021
Role: MOTION DESIGNER
Type: Full-time perm
Salary: £25K – £30K
Location: Brixton, London
Reports to: Head of Production
The successful candidate will join a well-established, dynamic, agile video production company who services filming, editing and motion graphics animation requests for a diverse range of clients, including big name brands, across multiple sectors on both editorial and branded content.
Based in Brixton, London, this presents a great opportunity for a strong all-rounder who is able to take responsibility for post-production video projects end to end. Ability to work autonomously to a brief as well as part of a larger team as required.
We’re looking for someone who is a self-starter, creative, innovative and ambitious. The role will have exposure to a wide range of projects. A passion for what you do, strong creative eye, attention to detail, personable, technically adept and being up to speed on the latest motion software capabilities and plug-ins is a must.
You will need to have a few previous roles under your belt and solid demonstrable experience, preferably in a fast-paced post-production agency environment. Working with primarily short form video projects for corporate & FMCG brands, social content, both B2B & B2C plus other creative video projects.
You will also have a portfolio of original work that really wows us. You will be talented, hard-working and creatively minded, keen to constantly enhance your skills and have a real passion for editing & motion. You should seek to challenge the norm and strive for the best.
Consistent delivery of top quality work is critical to our clients, our business and will serve to unlock growth opportunities for you in the future within our thriving organisation.
Purpose of the role
The Motion Designer will be responsible for design projects to inspire our clients in our proposals on how we envision their projects looking as well as post-production motion graphics delivery across a variety of projects. Working alongside the Managing Director, Creative Lead, Project Manager and assigned Editor, the Motion Designer will want to work autonomously on their own projects but in close collaboration with the wider team to meet and exceed client expectations.
The purpose is to consistently deliver high quality post-production videos to client briefs. We encourage ideas and innovation to ensure we achieve this not only creatively but efficiently to maximise returns for the business.
- Creating motion GFX as part of our video content delivery for:
- fully Motion GFX animated Content
- Explainer animations
- Branded content
- Event Coverage
- Social Media Content
- Promotional Videos for products & services
- Behind The Scenes
- Sourcing appropriate imagery and inspiration for mood boards and client proposals
- Origination of designs for approval to build into motion for clients
- Ability to scamp out projects and video content visions is a plus!
- Working in 2D and where it makes financial and budgetary sense to, explore 3D options.
- Adapting and rolling out campaign assets across multiple social media & broadcast formats as required
- Exporting content to precise technical specifications
- Downloading, uploading, logging & maintenance of Motion GFX projects and assets
- Packaging and delivering projects to clients and to asset libraries
- General housekeeping of software, assets, style guides and project files
- Consolidating and archiving completed projects
- Project ownership including communication, planning, foresight & proactive mngt of challenges
- Communicating an idea, thought or story to a wide audience
- Receiving, managing & executing feedback
- Where required, contributing to original ideas and developing concepts
- Create content for our own Social Media & website case studies
- Work within corporate branding guidelines & advise confidently on branding aspects
Required Soft Skills:
- Ability to see projects through from planning to delivery
- Proven experience of dealing with high volume and quick turnaround projects
- Be proactive in creating engaging and innovative content from the day to day operations
- Meet deadlines and manage time effectively
- Excellent problem-solving abilities
- An interpersonal individual who can communicate clearly
- Have confidence, a positive attitude and plenty of energy
- Have great attention to detail
- Love working in a fast-paced, adaptable environment
- Minimum 4 years of relevant experience
- A willingness to continue to learn but also share innovative styles and techniques
- Work pro-actively and collaboratively with the creative studio and be a team player
- Have a proven track record of creating Motion GFX led video content, photography, GIFs etc
- Ability to create and edit motion content to be used across a variety of digital media including Youtube, LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter
- Understanding of narrative storytelling & use of fonts and composition
- Understanding of software including but not limited to Illustrator, Photoshop & InDesign
- Excellent skills and experience in Adobe Premiere, Adobe After Effects with knowledge of Cinema 4D an advantage
- Confident using Mac hardware and software
- Knowledge and experience of using the Adobe Suite to create 2D (possibly 3D) graphic assets
How to apply
Please send your application to [email protected]