Closing: October 29th 2021
Posted on October 5, 2021
Mid-to-Senior Avid Assistant Editor
We are an award-winning offline editing company specialising in commercials, music videos and online content. We are seeking an assistant editor, with at least 2-3 years of experience using Avid Media Composer, to join our team in the heart of Soho.
At Marshall Street Editors, we promote close collaboration between our editors and assistants. Our aim is to provide ample opportunities for assistants to work on creative editing projects with the best in the business.
We strive to provide an environment in which our assistants can build upon their existing showreels as well as progress professionally. Assistants with enough experience at the company are often able to begin cutting in edit suites with clients as they begin their transition to becoming rostered editors.
The ideal applicant will be:
- Confident, positive, personable and professional with an eye for detail and the ability to smile under pressure.
- Ambitious to become a commercials editor and greatly interested in the industry as a whole.
- Comfortable learning how to edit on-set in the UK and happy to travel worldwide.
- Able to use Avid Media Composer to a professional standard.
- Able to liaise with producers and post houses in order to design efficient offline to online workflows.
- Experienced with a wide range of digital camera formats and their respective file-based work-flows.
- Familiar with our EditShare/Unity system or similar.
- Extremely proficient at creating EDLs, AAFs and uncompressed QuickTimes.
A more comprehensive job description will be discussed during the interview.
We have a fun and hardworking team here at Marshall Street Editors and we look forward to hearing from you.
Email [email protected] and in the subject header please write ‘Assistant Job Application’.
Unfortunately, we won’t be able to reply to all applicants – apologies in advance.