Closing: August 20th 2021
Posted on July 27, 2021
Mid-to-Senior Assistant Editor
We are pleased to announce a vacancy to join our brilliant team! Based in the heart of Soho, Marshall Street Editors are an award-winning offline editing company specialising in commercials, music videos and online content. We work on fantastic projects with brilliant directors and clients. We focus on our editors having close working relationships with their assistants – our assistants work alongside them in the edit suite which is an amazing opportunity to learn the ropes!
As you develop you will have the opportunity to work on set in the UK and abroad along with growing your showreel on our RAW TALENT webpage.
MUST HAVE: STRONG FOUNDATION IN AVID MEDIA COMPOSER & 2 YEARS OF ASSISTANT EXPERIENCE, INCLUDING COMMERCIAL EXPERIENCE
The successful applicant will be able to:
– be confident, positive, personable and professional with the ability to smile under pressure
– liaise with producers and post houses to design efficient workflows from offline to online
– work with Avid Media Composer to a high professional standard
– work with a wide range of digital camera formats and their respective file-based work-flows
– work with our EditShare/Unity system
– work with Photoshop, After Effects and have the ability to comp
– ingest media from a variety of formats, transcoding from source files where necessary
– create EDLs, AAFs and uncompressed QuickTimes
– create QuickTime movie links with the necessary knowledge of codecs, conversions and compression procedures
– upload work to the company website/showreels
– source sound effects, music and tracklay
– edit on set in the UK and worldwide
– be flexible with their working hours and be prepared to work on weekend days and bank holidays when required
We have a fun and hardworking team here at Marshall Street Editors and we look forward to hearing from you.
Email [email protected] and in the subject header please write ‘Assistant Job Application’.
Unfortunately, we won’t be able to reply to all applicants – apologies in advance.