Closing: May 19th 2018
Posted on March 19, 2018
Mid to Senior Level Offline Assistant Editor
Minimum Experience Required: 2 Years Offline with 1 Year of Commercial Experience
Marshall Street Editors are an award-winning offline editing company specialising in commercials, music videos and online content. We pride ourselves on having a happy working environment here at Marshall Street and this job offers a wonderful opportunity for a hard-working, dedicated and creative assistant to further their career in the industry. You will be assisting one of our most senior and prolific editors working with some of the biggest names in the industry.
The successful applicant will be able to:
- be confident, positive, personable and professional with the ability to smile under pressure
- liaise with producers and post houses to design efficient workflows from offline to online
- work with Avid Media Composer to a high professional standard
- work with a wide range of digital camera formats and their respective file-based work-flows
- work with our EditShare/Unity system
- work with Photoshop, After Effects and have the ability to comp
- ingest media from a variety of formats, transcoding from source files where necessary
- create EDLs, AAFs and uncompressed QuickTimes
- create QuickTime movie links with the necessary knowledge of codecs, conversions and compression procedures
- upload work to the company website/showreels
- source sound effects, music and track lay
- edit on set in the UK and worldwide
- be flexible with their working hours and be prepared to work on weekend days and bank holidays when required
We have a fun and hardworking team here at Marshall Street Editors and we look forward to hearing from you.
Email [email protected] and in the subject header please write ‘Assistant Job Application’.
Unfortunately, we won’t be able to reply to all applicants – apologies in advance.