Posted on January 12, 2024
Mid-Tier Video Editor
Calling all future Brave Sparkers
Brave Spark is a cutting-edge creative studio helping brands accelerate change in their creative performance by connecting efficiency with effectiveness. We don’t believe brands should let scale, speed or complexity kill creativity and so we work in partnership with our clients, co-creating with their teams to deliver creativity and craft at speed. We pride ourselves on redefining what is creatively and commercially possible across commercials, digital campaigns, and interactive content experiences. Championing storytelling and delivering it in unexpected and innovative ways.
We are a collection of creatives, storytellers, film-makers and creative technologists and are proud to be part of MSQ, the world’s fastest growing independent marketing group. MSQ allows the agency to continue to scale our creative ambitions and drive fame in the industry whilst maintaining our unique, independent spirit, our people and clients value.
Here’s how we will make sure you’re happy:
Our industry can sometimes feel like work / life balance isn’t taken into consideration but this is something we value to make our people happy and help them grow. We want you to love working here and have time to love what you do outside of work too.
As a Brave Sparker you will have the opportunity to:
- Be part of a +35 strong (and growing!), nimble and hugely ambitious team with direct access to some of the world’s best talent across 12 specialist MSQ agencies
- Work with a collection of first-class designers, artworkers, copywriters and developers passionate about storytelling. Creative thinking can come from anyone, regardless of role
- Benefit from flexible working whilst still making the most of our Covent Garden office full of break out spaces and our pop-up office bar every Thursday
- Benefit from people first policies including unlimited holidays, refresh Fridays and above industry standard private medical insurance cover and family planning
- Help promote the work we are delivering with some of the most ambitious and high profile brands in the UK and beyond including Which?, Zalando and Trivento
- Be part of the world’s first Carbon Negative international marketing group, now B Corp, with in-house Sustainability and Diversity, Equity and Inclusion teams shaping ways of working
And here’s some more Brave Sparker perks:
- Unlimited holidays we’ve been trialling since end of 2022
- Benefit from flexible working, with 3 days in the office a week
- Automatically enrolled into the Brave Spark pension scheme after first 3 months
- Robust family policies including maternity, paternity, adoption, IVF, miscarriage leave
- Health insurance (option to opt into this policy after passing probation period)
- Life assurance – paying out 4 x salary
- Friday feasts, lunch on Brave Spark for those in the office on a Friday
- Monthly team socials including Summer and Christmas agency parties
- Invite to open drinks every Thursday at the MSQ bar
- Access to exclusive live events held at MSQ
- Opportunities to take part in MSQ wide charity events
Here’s what some of our clients say about working with us:
- “Always a pleasure to work with as part of our extended team, with a real spirit of a partnership to help us achieve our brand ambitions.”
- “Brave Spark approaches every challenge with a creative drive and a practical no nonsense attitude. They can always get high quality work down no matter the obstacles.”
- “Exceptional Client Focus. Humble. Personal and attentive to our needs. Value for money. High production quality.”
The role in brief
As a Mid-Tier Video Editor, you’ll join a dynamic post-production team, contributing to the creation of diverse video content across various platforms like social media, out-of-home displays, TV commercials, on-demand services, and beyond. Your role involves close collaboration with all departments at Brave Spark, actively translating creative concepts into captivating visual narratives.
Here’s what you’ll be doing day-to-day
Your daily tasks will involve supporting both the Production and Creative teams in crafting edits and animations across various stages of production. This could range from conceptualising animatics to collaborating with directors on TV commercial edits, as well as compiling case study videos showcasing ad performance.
Given the demanding workload, versatility in handling multiple projects simultaneously is crucial, highlighting the importance of excellent time management skills. Additionally, meticulous file organisation and effective communication with the Edit Assistant regarding necessary files will be essential to ensure seamless workflow.
What you’ll need to succeed in the role:
- Experience working in a video editing role.
- Advanced knowledge in Premier Pro.
- Advanced knowledge in After Effects will be a great bonus.
- Including experience working on 2D Animation.
- Understanding the postproduction process.
- Experience delivering files for Colourists and Sound mixes.
- Understanding how to read a tech spec for broadcast and multiple deliverables.
- Experience working in a team environment.
- Eagerness to learn and keep up to date with the latest edit & animation trends.
How to apply:
If you think this is the job for you, please send your CV, cover letter and portfolio to [email protected].