Posted on April 23, 2019
Job Title: MCR Assistant
Reporting to: Head of MCR
Job Description / Duties
- Encoding and transcoding to / from a wide range of file formats
- Generation of broadcast files for playout to air
- Preparation of artwork for Flame Ops
- QC to international broadcast standards
- Transcoding to various deliverable file formats
- Data transfer, management and delivery using a variety of tools
- Organisation of material for Flame and Smoke suites
- Project, metadata and media management. Efficient use of facilities and SAN storage, keeping accurate track of project status, archiving, etc.
This job would suit someone who has good encoding and graphics skills, is computer literate and ideally has a strong background working with broadcast & online video.
Ideal Qualification / Experience:
- Basic knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator & Premiere Pro.
- Detail oriented problem solver, capable of working well under pressure in a deadline driven, environment.
- Basic understanding of broadcast standards, encoding software & post production workflows.
- Broadcast MCR experience useful but not essential.
- Experience in broadcast level QC useful but not essential.
- Ability to work as part of a team; highly organised with a keen eye for detail.
- Experience with OSX, Windows & Linux a plus
- Friendly and approachable manner.
- Commitment to continuous improvement with an innovative approach to work and problems.
Days of work: Monday – Friday plus occasional overtime
Salary: Dependent on experience
Required to start: ASAP
Please send applications/CVs to [email protected]