Back to all jobs
Marketing & PR Manager
Nexus Studios is a global creative studio and home to award-winning directors, working across animation, artful live-action and immersive to redefine the boundaries of entertainment. With studios in London, LA and Sydney, we create meaningful stories and creatively innovative experiences that positively add to the cultural conversation, garnering coverage in the most coveted global publications. Our work has received accolades from BAFTA, Emmy, Grammy, Annie and Academy Awards and we were the most awarded UK production company at Cannes Lions in 2022. We work with the world’s leading cultural brands and have a deep rooted history in innovation, XR and crafted storytelling.
You will be responsible for the development and execution of year-round marketing activity, in order to raise engagement and the profile of Nexus Studios and our talent roster across film, branded content and immersive globally. You will build press, client and industry relationships and enjoy building partnership and growth opportunities.
You will project manage the delivery of press outreach, thought-leadership opportunities, festivals, awards and events. You will have a keen interest in branded content, immersive and film & episodic. You’ll be proactive and have strong project management and communication skills, and enjoy being hands on. You will work closely with a dedicated marketing and new business team, including a designated copywriter and designer, and build strong relationships with our staff and roster of talent.
What you’ll be doing:
- Work with team to define short, mid and long-term objectives in line with company strategy.
- Work with team to develop messaging in line with mission and goals across key pillars.
- In conjunction with the Marketing & Content Manager, develop and execute a year-round integrated marketing plan.
- Investigate and deliver growth opportunities for the New Business team.
- Brand guardianship and regular internal communication on activities.
- Maintain and expand press relationships and contacts database.
- Working closely with the team and clients to define strategy for press launches, news and thought leadership.
- Identify opportunities and lead press outreach for all project launches, news and company updates.
- Grow and strengthen our presence across mainstream and trade press.
- Track, monitor and report on all press coverage ensuring key stakeholders, new business and marketing colleagues are updated on relevant pieces in order to work collectively in maximising the benefit of earned media.
- Managing company website updates, with a focus on projects and press.
Events & Awards Management
- Management of awards and events submission pipelines.
- Working with key stakeholders to produce thought-leadership opportunities at relevant festivals and events.
- Acting as the main point of contact for our clients to develop opportunities in partnership.
- Leading internal events from a marketing perspective.
- Tracking and monitoring key awards and event dates and deadlines.
- Manage and strengthen client relationships to maximise Marketing and PR opportunities for Nexus.
- Foster and maintain relationships with agency and brand clients.
- Support and nurture relationships with our roster of world-class Directors.
- Work with EPs and new business to produce bespoke targeted collateral, including newsletters, landing pages and presentation materials – ensuring that these are delivered in a timely manner and to quality standards and in line with the brand.
- Delivering company-wide updates on activities.
What you’ll bring:
- 3+ years professional marketing/PR experience and existing creative industry press relationships
- Eye for creative excellence.
- Experience in the creative industries and a passion for film and animation. Ideally, you will have an active interest in XR, real-time and Film & Episodic sectors.
- You’ll be proactive and have strong project management and organisation skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- An awareness of cultural and industry trends.