Posted on June 29, 2022
Location Library Coordinator
Salt are a Location Management and Production Services company. We provide a range of location services, from researching properties via our extensive Location Library through to scouting and location managing production projects. An overview of our business can be obtained by viewing our website: www.saltfilm.com
We are looking for an additional Library Co-ordinator to join the Library team on a twelve-month contract with the option to renew after 9 months. You’ll be an integral part of our growing team, using our extensive database to match film, TV, advertising and event production briefs to the perfect location. You’ll take enquiries from location managers and producers, work to understand their specific production requirements, shortlist locations and arrange recces, and put all necessary paperwork in place. You’ll also negotiate fees, discuss commission and try to ensure the filming process runs smoothly. We’re a busy team working across high end commercials, features and dramas with an aim to being friendly, efficient and affordable.
Library Co-ordinator responsibilities include:
- Dealing with enquiries from clients on the phone and over email
- Providing clients with location suggestions from our database
- Negotiation of fees, preparation of contracts and invoices
- First point of contact for all our location owners both during bookings and otherwise
- Development of new locations.
- Proactive involvement in developing the library business.
- Flexibility to cover leave and attend meetings on non-working days
- Data uploading to the site
- Behind the scenes database development and streamlining
Required skills and attributes:
- Motivated ‘self starter’ capable of working without supervision, prioritising their own workload and multi-tasking
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to develop and build on great relationships
- A good eye – this is a creative role that involves successfully interpreting briefs and director’s treatments
- Good time management
- Strategic thinking – solutions-focused, with a good ability to problem-solve and think on your feet
- The ability to work as part of a team
- Excellent attention to detail
Required work experience:
- Must have on set experience either as part of production or the locations department
- Good knowledge of Mac based software particularly the Mail app
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word
- Experience using monday.com is useful but not essential
- Experience in a location library is useful but not essential
How we work:
- This is a remote working role so you must be able to work from home
- We have monthly London meet ups, so while you don’t need to be based in London, it needs to be realistically accessible to you on a fairly regular basis
- We will provide you with a laptop and phone for work purposes only. At the end of the contract they’ll need to be returned to the company.
The basic salary package is circa £30k (depending on experience) plus commission. This is a full-time role, although we’re happy to make it four days a week (pro-rata) for the right candidate. We’re looking for someone to start immediately.
Applications to [email protected]