Posted on August 26, 2021
Junior PA / Office Coordinator
Merman is excited to be hiring a new team member to join them as Junior PA / Office Co-ordinator. This is a chance to work in a fast growing, commercial production arm with a lovely team. Merman prides itself on the work we create, and the production-family ethos we uphold. We are looking for a motivated team-player that strives to learn. This will be a great training opportunity for someone who eventually wants to move into production management or producing.
Merman is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Outline of the duties:
- Assisting HOP and freelance producers’ productions where necessary
- Optioning Crew for jobs
- Arranging transport for productions – trains / flights / taxis
- Sourcing Researchers/Writers for pitches where necessary.
- Attending and assisting on shoots where required
- Organisation of casting and wardrobe sessions
- Building of presentation decks for wardrobe / casting / locations
- Keeping track of hard drives (updating log and storing drives)
- Overseeing the use and stock of the shoot suitcase and other shoot supplies
- Liaising with freelancers and production teams, helping them with anything they need (both in and out of the office)
- Assisting MDs with booking events, meetings & venues
- Tracking and delivering hard drives to editors and post houses.
- Answering phones remotely
- Keeping the office stocked/tidy
- In charge of petty cash
- Liaising with office manager about maintenance of office
- Overseeing/organising the use of the office by freelancers
- Sharing responsibility of Branded merchandise, agency gifts and birthdays
Our ideal candidate will be:
- Have at least 1 years experience of the commercials production industry
- An organised team player
- Proficient Microsoft Office Packages, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Some experience with Adobe InDesign packages and photoshop would be desirable.
- Friendly and professional manner
- Strong communication skills
- The ability to work from home and travel into the office when required.
Salary depends upon experience. Please send CVs and application letters to [email protected]