Closing: October 13th 2021
Posted on August 13, 2021
Junior IT Support
BlinkInk is one of London’s top animation production companies.
We make commercials, music videos, short films and entertainment for agencies, brands, record companies and broadcasters around the world.
We are a proud part of the Blink family (Blink Productions, Blink Industries)
Our work spans the full spectrum of animation (2D, CGI, stop-frame) as well as mixed-media, live action and puppetry.
You can see some of our recent work: www.blinkink.co.uk
Animation and Live Action Studio:
We are looking for a junior IT support person to work across the company alongside the IT Team.
The role will require providing hardware and software support mainly in both our Studios in Holloway, alongside some support in our BlinkSoho office.
Confidence around computers and knowledge of what plugs in where is essential. Experience with support of both Apple and Windows hardware and software a bonus. Familiarity with animation software such as Modo, Nuke, C4D, Adobe CC, Maya, Deadline rendering, Toon Boom and Ftrack is a plus. Help and guidance will be provided for anything new or unfamiliar.
Experience assisting on the technical side in a post/studio environment is a benefit.
- Assisting the IT Team and handling the day to day general IT enquiries.
- Setting up workstations for Animators, Compositors and Directors with assigned hardware and specific software requirements.
- Remote setup of freelance computers via tools such as TeamViewer.
- Checking systems are connected to the correct networks, ports, power, licenses etc.
- Providing correct cables, adapters and peripherals when needed.
- Supporting artists with software licensing requirements, following guidance and documentation.
- Begin learning maintenance of server, network and central storage systems.
- Basic maintenance of workstations and laptops (macOS & Windows).
- Setting up accounts for users/groups, permissions, file sharing and VPN connections.
- General support – connecting users to wireless access points, printers, servers and other such systems.
- Responsibilities may change as the company develops and expands – training will be provided where needed.
- Knowledge of plugging in and setting up a computer, including things like Cintiq screens.
- Eager to troubleshoot with technical problem-solving skills, diagnose and fix hardware faults and software issues independently.
- Ability to manage workload and priorities throughout the day and week.
- Strong communication face-to-face, on the phone and over tools like Slack.
- Very hands on and willing to get stuck in, in every aspect of the day-to-day.
- Previous use of TeamViewer or other remote management software is a bonus.
- Understanding of networking tools (firewall, DNS, DHCP, Active Directory) is a bonus, but training will be provided.
- Knowledge of Animation software, pipeline tools and content delivery platforms would be a benefit, but not essential.
- Basic familiarity with cloud platforms such as AWS, Google Cloud Compute, G Suite, Dropbox etc.
- Understanding of Mac and Windows operating systems.
- Experience as a remote support person is a bonus.
- Previous experience in a studio or post facility as a technical runner, IT assistant or similar position would be a benefit, but not essential
Salary £24 – £26K PA depending on experience.
Send CVs, cover letter and available start date to [email protected]