Posted on December 2, 2019
Junior Digital Technician
The RANKIN Group is looking for a Junior Digital Technician to join the Digital department within the Photo team. Providing essential support to the Senior Digital Technician for all department requirements, as well as undertaking increasingly independent responsibilities.
We are looking for a technical, driven individual with initiative and a keen interest in digital workflow.
Located in London, RANKIN work with world-class and emerging talent across film, photography and publishing.
At RANKIN you will be able to be part of a fun and friendly work environment and you will benefit from some of the best career prospects in the industry.
Come and join this unique organisation and its bunch of talented people who thrive in delivering spectacular work time and time again.
At RANKIN we want to change the world, would you like to join us?
The RANKIN Group is Rankin’s new hybrid cultural company encompassing creative services, contract publishing, production, editorial verticals/platforms, and talent representation.
We are a fast growing, thriving cultural community creating great short and long form content on an hourly basis.
We are a team of creatives, directors, photographers, researchers, strategists, producers and editors who collaborate with brands ranging from luxury to FMCG, charities, editorial platforms, beauty, fashion & automotive.
We help brands be culturally relevant through creative communication, campaigns, brand building & content creation.
We create work that is bold, brave & beautiful.
Your day to day at RANKIN
- Independently digitally operate the castings and fittings conducted at the studio and location. In charge of data wrangling, editing and delivery of all behind the scenes conducted on shoots.
- Assisting in the day to day running of the digital department such as maintaining equipment, packing for location shoots and trips, logging of consumables, troubleshooting where required and server based archiving.
- Working as a second Digital Technician on all shoots as well as the solo Digital Technician on smaller scale shoots were required.
- Working on ad-hoc digital requests from multiple departments, some of which you’ll take responsibility for and supporting the senior on others.
- Fittings and Castings digital technician – Work as the Digital Tech on all fittings and castings conducted at Annroy, from Capture to output and delivery.
- Behind the scenes – Data wrangle, edit, profile and deliver all the BTS imagery shot on Rankin shoots and events.
- Equipment maintenance – Work alongside the Senior Digital Technician to maintain all digital equipment from Mac Pro towers and Eizo monitors to APC units and all consumables.
- Packing for location and trips – Work alongside the Senior Digital Technician when packing required digital equipment from shoot to shoot, for location as well as international shoots.
- Logging stock of consumables – Proactive logging of consumable digital stock such as tethers, sensor cleaning kits and cabling.
- Logging errors/issues and troubleshoot progress – Proactive logging of any technical issues/errors and the following troubleshooting process required.
- Work as a second digital technician on all shoots – Work alongside the Senior Digital Technician on all shoots as a key part of the fast paced and technical digital capture workflow.
- Work as a solo digital technician on smaller scale shoots – Work independently on smaller scale shoots maintaining the same standard and workflow across a variety of shooting requirements/environments.
- Work on digital requests – Work alongside the Senior Digital Technician as well as independently carrying out all server/shoot based Digital requests.
The Junior Digital Technician will carry out the above workload with the aim to fully develop the digital department with the Senior Digital Technician, moving with ever updating equipment and software capabilities.
*DISCLAIMER:This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, the Company reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned.
Essential skills, experience and personal attributes
- Strong working knowledge of Mac OS.
- Strong working knowledge of digital/studio based photography and workflow experience with tethered and medium format capture.
- Prior working knowledge of Capture One.
- Active and informed approach to troubleshooting.
- Strong working knowledge/proficiency of Adobe CC (Photoshop, InDesign, Bridge).
- Comfortable communicating with clients, talent and external team.
- Comfortable and calm with high pressure workflow and responsibility.
- Lighting equipment such as Profoto (desirable).
- Prior photo assisting experience (desirable).
- Driving License (desirable).
How to apply
Email: [email protected] with ‘Your Name – Junior Digital Technician’ in the subject field, attaching a CV, and brief cover letter addressing the above criteria.
Candidates unable to prove their right to work in the UK will not be shortlisted. Please note that due to the high level of applications unfortunately only successful candidates will be contacted.
Best of luck and thanks for applying!