Posted on February 26, 2018
Junior Creative / Director – 6 month contract
An opportunity has come up in our Creative team for an initial six month contract and will be reporting to the Executive Creative Director.
As Junior Creative / Director your role will vary from day to day.
At times you will fulfil a creative position concepting ideas that respond to client briefs. These ideas need to deliver on objectives, brand growth should be at the core of all of the work we make.
At other times, you will act as Director; developing treatments and leading film projects from conception to delivery.
You will be expected to act as a collaborator across both areas, be a creator and an innovator.
The key aspects of the role will be:
- Creative: Creative briefs in Stink Studios range from concepting new ideas, adopting client ideas and developing production with creative responsibility. We are looking for innovative thinking on new scripts, films, amazing references and developing all elements of a campaign.
- Directing: Ability to write treatments and Direct shoots. This requires a level of confidence to lead production and push for a creative vision that works to a client’s brief.
- Editing: Ability to edit pitch winning hype-reels to support creative ideas.
- Self-Shooter: Ability to film and operate camera equipment (Alexa Mini or similar) to a high standard. Preparation and running of camera kit with total DOP responsibilities on content shoots.
- Research: Industry awareness of new directors, editors, DPs, camera techniques and the global content environment.
- Creativity – The ability to concept and develop ideas including writing and art direction.
- Film Production – A strong understanding of the production process, how to Direct a shoot, how to work with crew, work a camera and edit.
- Technically strong in Indesign, Keynote, Photoshop and editing skills are essential for this role
- Strong communication skills across all channels
- Excellent work ethic and organisation skills with the ability to prioritise to meet deadlines
You will be assisting on pitches and projects for some of the world’s best clients. You will work alongside our team of creatives, producers, developers, designers, and motion designers to create game changing executions.
Comfortable concepting from scratch, as well as responding to detailed briefs; you have pragmatic, hands-on production experience and a strong knowledge of trends and techniques when it comes to film-making. Your sense of aesthetic is keenly developed, your work ethic is second to none and you have an acute attention to detail.
You will have valuable learnings and experience from Directing personal projects, eg: promos / short films. This on set experience will make you a strong creative as you’ll understand how to produce the ideas that you write.
Please email your CV & cover letter to [email protected] with ‘Junior Creative / Director ‘ as the subject.