Closing: March 10th 2020
Posted on February 4, 2020
Junior Archive Assistant
Working for the data team, you will be required to work within a close team to achieve a rapid response time for the client.
You will be a proactive, and hardworking individual. Willing to get the job done, with no job being too big or too small. Someone with-out-the-box thinking and excellent problem solving.
Communicating clearly with all members of staff is key.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- TSM – IBM Spectrum protect v7.1.100 – Spectra Logic T950 Robot
- Archiving – Removal of finished, unwanted and un-needed material from the live server.
- Resorting to live server – Restoring from LTO media, to live isilon server
- Live server searches – Material producer is unable to locate but will have a file/folder name to search.
- Archive Searches – Material producer is unable to locate but will have a file/folder name to search.
- Daily DU lists created via Crontab – Lists created and sent out via informative excel document.
- Robot Maintenance – tapes in and out and storage.
- LTO Maintenance – stored correctly onsite, offsite and in numerical order
- Red Wednesday – Remove material that has been dormant on the server.
- Daily database backups – ensuring the archive database is backed up every night.
- Covering all brands/company’s under the Tagworldwide umbrella.
- 700TB server with around 1.35PB of archived material.
- Unexpected Projects – Mass data retrievals and mass data analysis.
Skills and Experience:
- The Logging of all incoming media, logging out of outgoing media. Via our in house logging system Cakes.
- Booking domestic and international couriers for overnight via our booking agent Gem Worldwide.
- Booking domestic same day couriers via our agent Rush Couriers. For Bikes, Motorbikes and vans.
- Maintenance of all material held on site. Having tapes readily organised for the MCR department. Having hardrives also readily available for the Grading department.
- Maintenance of our offsite storage, around 500,000 pieces of media. Used between two offsite agents Tip Top Media & Abbotts Storage house.
- Dealing with requests for old media that Smoke & Mirrors have worked on from external and internal clients.
- Ordering media via media agents Protape. This will include but not be limited to LTO tapes and Hardrives.
- Processing invoices for all above via our in house system CMD.
Send your applications to [email protected]