Closing: May 1st 2019
Posted on April 1, 2019
BlinkInk is one of London’s top animation production companies.
We make commercials, music videos, short films and entertainment for agencies, brands, record companies and broadcasters around the world.
We are a proud part of the Blink family (Blink Productions, Blink Industries)
Our work spans the full spectrum of animation (2D, CGI, stop-frame) as well as mixed-media, live action and puppetry.
You can see some of our recent work : www.blinkink.co.uk
We are looking for a Technician to work across the company and in our Animation Studio alongside the IT Manager.
The role will require providing hardware and software support for our Blink Office in Soho, Studio in Holloway as well as remote support for projects on shoot.
The candidate would need to show an interest in Animation/VFX or Post Production processes and what we do here at BlinkInk as well as experience with front line support of both Apple and PC hardware and software. Familiarity with animation software such as Cinema 4D, Adobe Creative Suite, Nuke, Modo, Maya, and Deadline rendering is a plus.
• General IT support for production, directors, office staff and freelancers.
• Support artists with software licensing requirements, network rendering and integration of multiplatform OS environments.
• Maintenance of server, network and central storage systems.
• Maintenance of workstations and laptops (macOS & Windows) for our locations.
• Software implementation, licencing, asset tracking and updates.
• Management of users/groups, permissions, file sharing and network security.
• Maintenance of guide and system documentation.
• VOIP phone systems support.
• Daily archiving and backups.
• Supporting wireless access points, printers and other general areas of the studio.
• Working alongside our third party support companies.
• Responsibilities may change as the company develops and expands.
• Excellent knowledge of macOS and Windows based systems.
• Understanding of networks, firewalls, DNS, DHCP, FTP and Active Directory.
• Excellent troubleshooting and technical problem-solving skills.
• Ability to diagnose and fix hardware faults and software issues.
• Familiarity with cloud platforms such as AWS, Google Cloud Compute, G Suite, Dropbox
• Knowledge of Linux (preferred, not essential).
• SQL server experience (preferred, not essential).
• Self-regulating and able to manage your workload and priorities in the day-to-day.
• Good under pressure and comfortable working in a fast moving, creative environment.
• Excellent communication skills as this is a people facing role.
• Very hands on and involved in every aspect of the day-to-day.
• Must have at least 3 years experience supporting Mac based environment.
• Minimum 3 years professional experience as an IT Assistant or Technician or 3 years in a similar support role.
• VFX/Post house experience is preferred.
You will be based at our animation studio location in Holloway.
Salary dependant on experience.
Send CVs, cover letter and available start date to [email protected]