Posted on June 21, 2021
IT Manager & Systems Administrator
Job title: IT Manager and Systems Administrator
Reports to: Executive Technical Director
Location: London, UK
Key relationships: Stink Films and Stink Studios MD’s
Hours: 40 hours per week Salary: £ Negotiable based on experience
About Stink London
Stink London is part of a global creative network that is proud to work with clients across advertising, entertainment, music, and the arts. Stink London is made up of Stink Films a creative production company working alongside Stink Studios a creative studio for a digital first world.
About the role
We are looking for an experienced IT professional to look after our IT department in our London office. IT is at the hub of everything we do at Stink Limited. While Stink Studios and Stink Films have different IT needs, they both rely on the optimum performance of their respective information systems to deliver exceptional digital content.
To ensure this, you will have sole responsibility for managing day-to-day operations of IT processes for both Stink Studios and Stink Films.
We are looking for a hands-on IT manager to lead and be the main contact for all things IT. You will have proven experience of running IT for a SME business, feel comfortable taking ownership of the existing infrastructure and are excited about optimising and improving systems.
You have strong working knowledge of networking, computer and network security, Mac OS and Windows and Google Workspace. An interest in software / web development would be an advantage as development is a core part of our business, and there is an opportunity in this role to get involved in systems administration on projects and DevOps.
You will have an interest in keeping abreast of new and emerging information and communications technology (ICT) services. IT Manager JD June 2021 Page | 2
- Maintenance and improvement of the office infrastructure and related processes (network, local and Azure servers, monitoring, security, etc.)
- Hardware and software support for 50/60 local users (mostly Mac and a few Windows users)
- Work alongside HR and senior stakeholders to support a smooth onboarding and offboarding of team members.
- Google Workspace administration for the Stink Group (400 users across multiple offices worldwide)
- Maintain and keep up-to-date our IT inventory (both hardware and software)
- Manage third party providers for IT services: obtain competitive quotes, update and renegotiate technology related licenses and third-party agreements, manage contract renewal dates and notice periods to ensure business continuity.
- DNS management of main group domains in AWS
- Technology consultancy for various parts of the business
- Ensure the organisation works within GDPR and data protection guidelines and regulations.
Desirable (D) Essential (E)
- Experience of working in the media industry (D)
- Analytical and problem-solving skills (E)
- Proven working experience as a standalone IT Manager or relevant experience (E)
- Excellent knowledge of technical management, information analysis and of computer hardware/software systems (E)
- Hands-on experience in networking and VOIP phone system management (E)
- Azure and Windows Server 2019 (E)
- Google Workspace – expert level (E)
- Apple MDM solution – Jamf Pro (E)
- Office 365 & Adobe CC license management (E)
- Familiarity with AWS, particularly Route 53 and S3 (D)
- Familiarity with GCP (D)
- BS in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or similar field (E)
Job descriptions cannot be exhaustive and the post-holder may be required to undertake other duties, which are broadly in line with the above key responsibilities.
Please submit your CV and personal statement to [email protected] by Monday 5th July 16:00pm, however, we reserve the right to close the advert early once we have received suitable CV’s.