Posted on February 8, 2019
IT Administrator – Studio
BlinkInk is one of London’s top animation production companies.
We make commercials, music videos, short films and entertainment for agencies, brands, record companies and broadcasters around the world.
We are a proud part of the Blink family (Blink Productions, Blink Industries)
Our work spans the full spectrum of animation (2D, CGI, stop-frame) as well as mixed-media, live action and puppetry.
You can see some of our recent work : www.blinkink.co.uk
We are looking for an IT Administrator to work in our Animation Studio alongside our IT Manager.
The role will require providing hardware and IT support for our studio in Holloway.
Familiarity with animation software such as Cinema 4D, Adobe Creative Suite, Nuke, Modo, Maya, and Deadline rendering is a plus.
- General IT support for production, directors, office staff and freelancers.
- Support artists with software licensing requirements and support network rendering and integration of multiplatform OS environments.
- Maintenance of server, network and storage.
- Maintenance of workstations and laptops (MacOS & Windows) for our offices.
- Software implementation, licencing, asset tracking and updates.
- Management of users/groups, permissions, file sharing and network security.
- Maintenance of system documentation.
- Phone Systems (VOIP) maintenance and support.
- Daily archiving and backups.
- Supporting wireless access points, printers and other general areas of the studio.
- Working alongside our third-party support companies to resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Responsibilities may change as the company develops and expands.
- Excellent knowledge of Apple MacOS and Windows.
- Understanding of networks, firewalls, DNS, DHCP, FTP and Active Directory.
- Excellent troubleshooting and technical problem-solving skills.
- Ability to diagnose and fix hardware faults and software issues.
- Familiarity with Amazon AWS, Google Cloud Compute, G Suite, Dropbox & other cloud platforms.
- Basic Linux experience (preferred not essential).
- SQL server experience (preferred not essential).
- Self-regulating and able to manage workload and priorities in the day-to-day.
- Good under pressure and comfortable working in a fast moving, creative environment.
- Excellent communication and people skills.
- Very hands-on and involved.
- Minimum 2 years professional experience as an IT Administrator or Assistant or 3 years in a similar Support Role.
- VFX/Post house experience a plus.
You will be based at our animation studio location in Holloway.
Send CVs, cover letter and available start date to [email protected] with subject IT ADMINISTRATOR