Posted on January 19, 2018
Head of Video Production @ Contented
Who we are
At CONTENTED we work with brands and publishers to help grow their audiences through video, producing impactful, short-from content for social channels and digital platforms, as well as longer form videos for web and television.
The work we create fuels marketing strategies and social media campaigns for global brands such as: Heineken Group, Yahoo, Eurosport, lastminute.com, Grazia, Empire, eBay, Littlewoods, HSBC & more.
What we are looking for
We are looking for a Head of video production to oversee the creation and delivery of the varied video content produced by our teams on a daily basis.
The Head of video production will play a central role in the business, and the successful candidate will be able to demonstrate that they have the capability to not only manage the output of a team of producers and content creators, but that also that they have the ability to work with and make recommendations to the Commercial and Finance departments, supporting how projects are structured, and delivered.
The successful candidate will have a background working for brands, media owners, MCN’s or similar, enabling a compassionate view on what it takes to deliver on-brand content in a fast-paced digital environment.
An understanding and appreciation of a range of digital channels, monitoring performance metrics and multi-channel content optimisation would be beneficial.
- Manage the in-house production team of editors, animators, graphic designers and producers.
- Work alongside the Creative and Commercial department in response to client briefs, providing expert advice when it comes to the production of output in line with the clients needs, budgets and timelines.
- Oversee the delivery of content on a day-to-day basis, ensuring deadlines are hit and projects are delivered within agreed budgets.
- Set and maintain standards for all areas of the production team, taking ultimate responsibility for the quality and accuracy of content delivered to our clients.
- Manage the development and implementation of a best-in-class workflow.
- Develop the skills and capabilities of the content creators and producers.
- Ensure output is optimised by channel, actively recommending and feeding in platform-specific techniques, ideas and solutions.
- Support the commercial unit by making recommendations around deliverables and budgets in response to briefs and client requests.
- Develop efficient and effective processes that ensure client and brand-specific requirements are met.
- Work alongside the Financial Controller to approve and manage all project and department budgets
- Determine equipment and software needs.
- Experience of managing a team of content creators and producers.
- Be a natural organiser and team motivator, with high levels of energy and fastidious attention to detail
- Experience of managing multiple video projects and campaigns simultaneously
- Ability to demonstrate budget management
- Ability to demonstrate end to end understanding of content creation, from idea, pre-production, post and delivery.
- Comfortable using (or an understanding of) Premiere Pro, After Effects, Illustrator and Photoshop: solid knowledge of industry standards and latest practices on edition, motion graphics, expressions, graphic and character design, dynamic links and technical workflows, codecs and compression formats
- A clear understanding of image, audio and video standards for the different online channels (youtube, snapchat, instagram, facebook, etc.) and TV
Interested candidates should provide a covering letter accompanied by CV, as well as a link to a recent showreel and portfolio if available and send to [email protected].
Please also provide salary expectation.
Due to the high volume of replies will only be able to reply successful candidates.