Closing: November 30th 2021
Posted on September 28, 2021
Head of VFX Resources
The role of a VFX Resource Manager is to oversee creative resources for the 2D, CG and Design departments within the London and Amsterdam studios. This role requires excellent communication skills, advanced understanding and appreciation for the creative and operational aspects of the studio and the ability to foster strong relationships with our Artists, Producers, and Creative Directors. By working with Production and Artists, you are accountable for securing the appropriate talent to facilitate the efficient workflow to satisfy client requirements. The role will also require close collaboration with other studios and when necessary, drawing on the resources and capabilities over multiple global locations.
Local Report: Head of Operations.
Works With: Managing Director, Head of Operations, Creative Directors, Producers, Artists, Finance & HR.
Direct Reports: VFX Schedulers.
- Work closely with creative departments to ensure that creative resources are acting as a single cohesive unit.
- Oversee and training the scheduling team who are responsible for daily management of Artist’s time.
- Work within a team to schedule the needs of the Producer and client.
- Engage in early bidding and planning with Producers to identify talent needs, scheduling, and strategies.
- Work with Artists, Leads, Producers, and Schedulers to ensure jobs are on track and efficient whilst continuously measuring bid resources against budgets.
- Have a thorough understanding of capacity, internal resources, as well as an ability to flag challenges and opportunities.
- Creatively schedule large projects that require intricate planning or big picture foresight
- Highlighting if a clash of schedules arises and working with colleagues and Producers to find a successful solution while maximizing revenue.
- Assess incoming jobs for potential workshare and outsourcing needs and work with other MPC offices to coordinate workshare planning.
- Ensure Freelance Artists are utilised appropriately, on the right projects, at the right price, with attention paid to controlling cost whilst maintaining quality and relationships.
- Pro-active liaison with Engineering department to ensure technology and resources are being used to their full potential.
- Pro-active liaison with HR on talent recruitment, freelance payroll, etc.
- Represent Scheduling in any high-level conversations with Production and externally.
- Work with Head of Operations to develop creative resources protocol and best practices.
REQUIRED SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- 4-5 years creative resource management experience
- VFX for Advertising, Episodic and/or Film experience preferred
- Excellent project planning and scoping skills
- Capacity to manage a busy workload with high productivity
- Experience working with and using CETA preferred
- Responsive and flexible to ever changing needs and environment
Please apply here: https://smrtr.io/6Lfgb