Posted on February 24, 2021
Head of Technology
London based, full-time position
Salary – Based on Experience
Blink is one of London’s top production companies, with a commercial and cultural output across music, advertising, fashion and entertainment. We work with agencies, brands, record companies and broadcasters around the world. We are a proud part of the Blink family. Exceptional craftsmanship is at the heart of everything we do.
You can see some of our recent work here.
We are looking for a full-time Head of Technology to work across all Blink’s business units. As a Head of Technology, you’ll be responsible for the core technology platforms. Offering ideas and solutions to existing workflows and creating a roadmap to increased efficiencies and integration of technology across multiple sites. You will have an entrepreneurial spirit, excellent interpersonal skills, a great work ethic and an inquisitive mind.
- This role reports into management for overall direction and strategy and works closely with heads of department for day to day objectives.
- Overseeing all technology across the business units and sites.
- Leading a team of multidisciplinary engineers with a focus on stability, value and performance.
- Building the correct team structure to meet business and technical objectives.
- Managing equipment, software, software development, licensing and engineering including data services.
- Applying industry standard best practices to software and hardware development, testing and monitoring.
- Maintaining operational support for all critical systems.
- Providing insight into new trends and developments in the wider sector.
- Defining pipeline, workflows, process and protocols.
- Providing up to date reporting and status to senior stakeholders and executives.
- Leading a compliance team to ensure the highest standards of security whilst meeting TPN/MPA compliance and Industry best practice.
- The software department and engineering teams report into this role.
- You are passionate about all forms of filmmaking, animation and entertainment and love working in this industry.
- You are proactive, solution-orientated, good under pressure and comfortable working in a fast moving, creative environment.
- You have the ability to manage a team of engineers and developers and ensure a strong line of communication with colleagues across the entire business.
- You have extensive knowledge and experience of hardware, software and disciplines used within the production and post-production industries
- You possess excellent communication and people skills, and are able to bring out the best in the team around you.
- Full understanding of common data ingest, colour management, file formats, resolutions and delivery workflows is required.
- Ability to manage and integrate Linux, OSX & Windows OS in a multiple site network environment.
- A strong knowledge of Editorial, Animation and VFX software such as Premier, Resolve, Cinema 4D, Adobe Creative Suite, Maya, Modo, Houdini, Nuke, Flame, Flare & render management is required.
- A working knowledge of Production Databases such as Shotgun or F-Track.
- Minimum of 10 years experience within the TV / VFX industries is required.
Please email [email protected] with your CV and available start date, or if you have any questions or need help with your application.
BLINKINK IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.