Closing: November 30th 2018
Posted on September 13, 2018
Head of Scheduling
With offices all over the globe, MPC is one of the world’s leading creative studios, creating high-end visual effects, animation, creative content and immersive experiences for the advertising and film industries.
Our unique combination of talent, technology and craft leads to distinctive and award-winning work for world’s most famous brands.
We are currently looking for a Head of Scheduling to join our award-winning production team in London.
The main responsibilities of the role are to oversee the management of artist’s time ensuring they are booked correctly on projects that suit their skillset whilst managing their workload and looking out for their wellbeing. You will be the artists main point of contact. The Head of Scheduling has oversight of all project schedules and will report directly into the Head of Production.
- Responsible for daily management of Artist’s time.
- To assess artist needs, allocating relevant VFX resources to each project.
- Key point of contact for issues arising in projects and escalating issues and recommendations to Senior Management team.
- Appraisals of all scheduling staff.
- Mentor junior schedulers to accurately pencil/confirm time to ensure time is correctly billed to projects.
- Maximise the time available with the artists so artists are not underutilised.
- Managing the artists project bookings as well as holiday time, allowing equal opportunity for artists during heavily requested times of the year.
- To work closely with other MPC studios to utilise staff in other sites rather than relying on freelancers.
- Manage the scheduling and booking of freelance artists on projects when necessary.
- Thorough understanding of VFX production pipelines and post production in general.
- Excellent communication skills required, both written and verbal.
- Strong understanding of the business needs and the importance of maximising artist time.
- Must have strong organisational skills.
- Must have strong scheduling and resource management skills.
- Must be a collaborative, creative problem solver.
- Requires a self-starter with high level of initiative.
- At least 3 years of scheduling experience.
- Ability to work well under pressure and with strict deadlines.
- Must have experience recruiting staff and freelance artists.
Please apply through our careers site here – http://smrtr.io/KVN2