Posted on March 17, 2022
Head of Scheduling / Resource Manager
No.8 is an award-winning creative sound and vision studio, located in the heart of London’s Soho.
Established in 2019 by Creative Director Jim Allen and Managing Director Barny Wright, No.8 offers best-in-class multi-disciplinary services through a single point of contact. In late 2020 multi award winning sound designer Sam Robson joined as a partner and Creative Director.
Clients are serviced by a dedicated team across all post disciplines – editing, audio, music, colour grading, VFX, CGI and animation.
We offer a personal, bespoke service to a wide range of clients across advertising, film and television.
We are looking for a Head of Scheduling / Resource Manager to join our London team. This is a vital role linking all departments, from production through to VFX, Colour, Audio, MCR, and engineering.
• Keeping the studio schedule fully up to date in CETA
• Liaising with production to confirm daily bookings
• Scheduling upcoming jobs as requested by producers
• Active involvement in production meetings to discuss the best use of resources
• Logging new clients, projects, and bookings into CETA
• Identifying and highlighting any schedule clashes with artists & producers
• Maximising utilization of suites and artists
• Coordinating restores of archived projects
• Supervision of CETA related training for production team and artists
• Overseeing and orchestrating artists submitting timesheets daily
• Liaising with production and facilities teams to coordinate and schedule holiday requests
• Run and help co-ordinate outsourcing of work to external suppliers and partners
• Liaising with Freelancers on availability & maintaining the freelance database
• Tracking and reporting of freelance costs to production and finance teams
• Coordinating with engineering to ensure all artists have required equipment
The successful candidate will be a professional and motivated individual displaying the following attributes:
• Previous experience in scheduling / resource management in a post-production facility
• Great communicator
• Strong organizational skills
• Strong knowledge of CETA
• Great sense of humor and team ethic
• Minimum 3+ years experience working in the post-production Industry
• Minimum 2+ years experience in a bookings/scheduling/resource management role
Salary will be based on the applicant’s experience.